Cycling Bangkok to Gloucester

extrusion
extrusion Posts: 247
edited January 2013 in The cake stop
Tap it into youtube or facebook: cycling bangkok to gloucester

Anybody else seen these? I thought it was brilliant, some of the mileage he was putting in unbelievable, some of the roads ridiculous, and he's a cheery chap with good presenter skills. Funniest bit was the vaseline he had been using on his arse that he had to resort to using on his lips!

Comments

• jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Not seen it, mate.
  • bit underprepared like, cycling in the snow in his bare feet
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Bangkok to Gloucester - wrong way I think: Bad................ to.................... worse.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Bangkok to Gloucester - wrong way I think: Bad................ to.................... worse.

Having been to bangkok im not so sure ...
  • The man's a complete spoon.... done the static bike challenge aswell - was down the docks with the local press etc. He did a collection at Kingsholm the Saturday after getting back for the pied piper appeal prior to the kick off.
    Good on him I say, you have to be a bit spoonish to even think of such a challenge...
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    Thanks for the heads up on this. I've started watching the vids and how the hell he made it across China I'll never know. The guy's a legend, but also completely nuts :D
  • wiffachip
    wiffachip Posts: 861
    they are superb, never realised Jose Enriquez was from Gloucester
  • buckmulligan
    buckmulligan Posts: 1,031
    Haha, what a muppet, but he is funny!
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    A man cycles halfway around the world raising thousands for sick children while another posts an inane sentence on a cycling forum. Who's the muppet?

I've watched all his videos over Christmas and have to say that they were the best thing I saw, better than anything that was on the TV and should have been on instead of all the crap that was shown. A fantastic achievement for a really worthwhile cause, he showed great determination and courage cycling in such remote and harsh places. All the times that he was taken in and fed by people was also really lovely to see, usually by those with very little too. The bit where he was caught in a war zone was a bit scary, he certainly raised every penny of that money the hard way.

Good on him.
  • extrusion
    extrusion Posts: 247
    A man cycles halfway around the world raising thousands for sick children while another posts an inane sentence on a cycling forum. Who's the muppet?

I've watched all his videos over Christmas and have to say that they were the best thing I saw, better than anything that was on the TV and should have been on instead of all the crap that was shown. A fantastic achievement for a really worthwhile cause, he showed great determination and courage cycling in such remote and harsh places. All the times that he was taken in and fed by people was also really lovely to see, usually by those with very little too. The bit where he was caught in a war zone was a bit scary, he certainly raised every penny of that money the hard way.

Good on him.

Couldn't have said it better. I had my ipad on with earphones whilst my wife was watching dreary god knows what on the telly. Definitely the most interesting thing I watched over chrimbo.

Yes he was under-prepared, but that made it all the more interesting, and his faith in human nature was rewarded when he needed it most. I don't donate to random charities but I did on this occasion as I thought the effort he put in and the entertainment he provided was worthy of the small amount I gave.

Happy New Year!