Wilier Cento Uno SR

slowandsteady
slowandsteady Posts: 339
edited February 2014 in Your road bikes
nd55qh.jpg

Ok ok, I've not got it yet(it's being delivered on Saturday) but I've been waiting 7 weeks and the anticipation is killing me.

I just need the weather to clear up a bit so it's not another 7 weeks before I can get out on it.

I will upload some better pictures over the weekend once I've got the seat post cut.
Wilier Cento Uno SR 2013 in Fluro Yellow
Cannondale Caad10 2014 in BLACK!!

Comments

• the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    That is going to be something special when it's ready to go. Look forward to seeing more!
    FCN 3 / 4
  • Yep that will do for me. Thats a great bit of kit in a great colour. Makes me miss my wilier. Lovely bikes. Just go out in the weather and wash it. Its for riding not hiding in a garage!
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    I like the wheels, are you going to keep them? Let us know what you think when you get them.
  • Thanks people.

I did plan on upgrading a few bits and bobs. Wheels, tyres and stem but I'm going to put a few miles on it first to see how I get on with them. I've had a hard enough time justifying it to myself so close to Xmas without going all in.

I've not seen the bike in the flesh yet, the picture came from the guy in my LBS who is delivering it on Saturday but he tells me it's lovely(suppose he would). I was tempted by the fluro green for a while but he reckons I've made the right choice.

I'll give some feed back as soon as I can. Luckily my new K Edge garmin mount arrived a few hours ago from Utah so it's slowly coming together.
  • 15r0ar9.jpg
  • 6ti987.jpg
  • 2jeaemt.jpg
  • 2ng7cky.jpg
  • Hanners
    Hanners Posts: 260
    nice bike
  • So, in the process of removing the unnecessary stickers.

Do I take the wheels stickers off. "Fulcrum Racing Quattro".
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Nice christmas tree, clashes a bit with the bike though :wink:

Bike does look 8)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    So, in the process of removing the unnecessary stickers.

Depends if you want to sell 'em. :wink:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Love that!
  • dwanes wrote:
    So, in the process of removing the unnecessary stickers.

Depends if you want to sell 'em. :wink:

I think I see where you are going with this......

;-)
  • Gorgeous bike.....Id change the bars and stem for plain black ones though, the white clashes... :D
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    This build not my choice but can't fault that brilliant frame, nice one!
  • giant man wrote:
    This build not my choice but can't fault that brilliant frame, nice one!

I agree on the build. This is the factory build spec and I've read enough on this forum to know the money should be on the frame and the rest should be upgraded as it wears out or money allows. That's my plan.

I took it a quick burl yesterday and it really is pin sharp. It turns brilliantly and stops better. Far better than my old 105 calipers would allow. The campagnolo will take a bit of getting used to but where I would describe my shimano 105 as analogue in would say the campagnolo is digital. It seems to fire into gear whereas I could feel the shimano into gear. I hope that makes sense.

The paint finish on the frame is also top class. I've spent ten times as much on cars with worse paint finish.

Out with the old, in with the new.

2qxmgwp.jpg
  • the_fuggler
    Two classics there - that CAAD 9 is still a great frame.
    FCN 3 / 4
  • 33l2gir.jpg

2qake48.jpg
  • bencolem
    bencolem Posts: 463
    I'd lose the wheel decals - would really make the frame 'pop' and Fulcrum's always look really smart in stealth finish. Shame Wilier couldn't supply colour matched finishing kit rather than the standard red and white finish, especially on a bike like this!
  • I think you are right on the wheels. 6 stickers per wheel will take an age to get off with the amount of glue it leaves behind though.

I actually really like the bars, the shallow shape is a dream to ride compared to my old caad. I do want rid of the white on them and the stem though. I'm not sure if its possible to spray them and have a good finish though?
  • bencolem
    bencolem Posts: 463
    You're better off sanding through the clear coat until the paint comes off then re-lacquering rather than trying to spray over the existing clear coat. Either way I think you'd be best buying plain FSA and selling off the Wilier branded items if you really wanted to change.
  • 2djwep4.jpg

My fingers feel like they've been sandpapered getting all the glue off.

Bar and stem will be another project.
  • Hi Mate

gorgeous bike...can I ask where you bought it from ?
  • jonjo83 wrote:
    Hi Mate

gorgeous bike...can I ask where you bought it from ?

You have a PM bud.
  • the_fuggler
    Getting better all the time. Great stuff.
    FCN 3 / 4
  • slowandsteady
    33bn6rt.jpg

Could one other of you guys who have bought a Cento Uno SR in recent months have a look at the frame down by the chain catcher. I've just noticed there is a 1cm diameter hole in the frame that I haven't seen before.

I'm sure it's not drilled itself but I'm wondering if I've lost a grommet of some type.

Thanks in advance.
  • josehernandez
    josehernandez Posts: 243
    S&s you have indeed lost the small rubber grommet that normally covers the hole.

20130516_083629_zpse9a4e5b3.jpg
  • slowandsteady
    Thanks bud.

And buckled my chain catcher by the look of it.
  • johnnymcg259
    johnnymcg259 Posts: 569
    :roll: er.......can i ask....what/why is the hole there and for?............ :roll: