Garmin cadence sensor only partially working

captain_kelly
captain_kelly Posts: 35
edited December 2012 in Road general
I've had the Garmin GSC on my bike for only a couple of weeks now and the spoke sensor has stopped being picked up.

Pedal one works just fine, but nothing at all on the arm.

I'm loathed to take it apart and have a look, has anyone else had this and found a solution?

Comments

• DT1999
    DT1999 Posts: 17
    I know it sounds obvious but have you checked the positioning of the magnet on the spoke.
  • @DT1999 yes I've tried it in multiple positions, then tried asking it off and running it past the sensor in my hand, still no joy.
  • DT1999
    DT1999 Posts: 17
    Have you tried a different magnet
  • Ok, all fixed.

Just reset the unit properly and all is good.

Quite how something as simple as this passed me by when I'm an engineer I don't know. Always looking for the difficult fix I guess.
  • Ok, all fixed.

Just reset the unit properly and all is good.

Quite how something as simple as this passed me by when I'm an engineer I don't know. Always looking for the difficult fix I guess.

Happens to us all - at least you didn't take it off and start taking it apart first.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Camus
    Camus Posts: 189
    Was going to say, the reset button is your friend, I always press it after I've moved either the magnet or the unit e.g. after washing the bike or readjusting because you're hearing that click click click when you've just set off on a ride and realised its out of alignment again.