5-4 (on) Fergie has heart attack before April 2013?

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,195
edited December 2012 in The cake stop
More drama in the Premiershit. 2 tirades in one week from Fergie - is he loosing the plot ?

When his son got sacked at Preston some while ago, both he and Mowbray pulled their loanees out. Preston lost 8 players (no less) as a result. No one seemed to rant about that.

Late extra extra extra time with time added on goals for MU. Not a Dickie bird.

Thrashed by Barcelona in the CL final few years ogo - "Its our 60th game" says the miserable old Wino - no "Pepe's men gave us nothing and played well".

And now I have rattled the cages of the MU supporters from Devon, Bangleadesh, Kinshasa, Tokyo, Dublin. Roll it on...
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• kopite?
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • kopite?

Don't matter who Pina supports is point is correct.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    "Pardew is a hypocrite". Fergie is correct.

Late late goals for United? Over the holidays? Hernandez scored on 91mins, RVP similar. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

Those (supporters and especially players/managers) who complain about his comments remind me of people in cars complaining about traffic; they still haven't "got it".
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Sir Alex Ferguson defended his decision to leave Van Persie on the bench for today's match in the rain claiming...

"The boy could have drowned!"
  • Ben6899
    Sir Alex Ferguson defended his decision to leave Van Persie on the bench for today's match in the rain claiming...

Classic Fergie.

In other news, your lads are rolling back the years aren't they? It was like watching the Keegan era yesterday.

Happy with Pardew?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • Ben6899 wrote:
    Sir Alex Ferguson defended his decision to leave Van Persie on the bench for today's match in the rain claiming...

Classic Fergie.

In other news, your lads are rolling back the years aren't they? It was like watching the Keegan era yesterday.

Happy with Pardew?

yep

Toon Army (teeny weeny debt)

btw how is Pardew hypocritical ?

Fergie has the look of a latter day Clough
  • Ben6899
    wiffachip wrote:
    yep

Toon Army (teeny weeny debt)

btw how is Pardew hypocritical ?

The one thing (the tiny debt) over which I am envious of Newcastle United. But to be fair, the Glazers do free up plenty of cash for player transfers. Double-edged sword.

Pardew commented on Ferguson's conduct and how it was inappropriate. He's no saint himself, that's all I am saying. People in glass houses and all that. (for the record, when Fergie comments on other peoples' conduct, I am the first to recognise the hypocrisy and irony!)

He may well have, he's an old man.

My comment about Newcastle United's current defending yesterday was merely an objective assessment... you surely agree there HAS to be an improvement if the performances are to do Cisse, Ba etc justice.
    Ben

• markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    Cant stand the bloke
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • Ben6899
    markyone wrote:
    Cant stand the bloke

Not many can.
    Ben

• ManUre fan in North London? There's a surprise! :roll:
  • Ben6899
    Simmotino wrote:
    ManUre fan in North London? There's a surprise! :roll:

More work down here than up North, pal. What? Should I stay put and unemployed?

Idiot.
    Ben

• de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    edited December 2012
    Late extra extra extra time with time added on goals for MU. Not a Dickie bird.
    Yeahbut, doesn't the other team have the opportunity to score too?
    Exiled Mancunian in the Cotswolds. 8)
  • Ben6899 wrote:
    Simmotino wrote:

Idiot.

Haha, wow! Retort to a joke with an insult?

No wonder you couldn't find work.

Bye.
  • magibob
    magibob Posts: 203

Except, Clough, in his heyday, was probably the greatest manager who ever lived. Took a team of no-hopers from the second division, to the top of the first, then won, then defended, the European cup.

Fergie has simply been good for a very long time.

Andy
  • de_sisti
    Simmotino wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Simmotino wrote:

Idiot.

Haha, wow! Retort to a joke with an insult?
    No wonder you couldn't find work.

Bye.
    Let's be serious for a minute and less aggression/name calling.

People move around the country for work, we all know that. London attracts people form all over
    the country (and world) so it shouldn't come as a surprise to find United supporters, from the
    north west, in London.

United have had the best UK home attendances for years. I recall back in the day, (74-75 season)
    when they were in the old second division. A cold Saturday in November saw top of the table
    United beat second place Sunderland 3-2. I was in the Stretford End for the game and was
    amongst a crowd of over 60,000.

United did have some very lean years in the 70s and 80s, and yes, there are a few "Johnny come latelys",
    but most successful clubs have them too. Just listen to the 606 phone-in on radio 5 live. You'll notice
    many Liverpool supporters who reside nearer to London than Merseyside without a hint of a scouse accent. :wink:
  • Magibob wrote:

Except, Clough, in his heyday, was probably the greatest manager who ever lived. Took a team of no-hopers from the second division, to the top of the first, then won, then defended, the European cup.

Andy

I meant he literally looks like him, ie a plonkie

No manager comes close to Clough's achievments

and his patter was better
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Magibob wrote:

Magibob said that he had the look of a latter day Clough. In other words when Clough lost the plot.

Fergie has been good and successful. However, he is a good manager but not a good man.
    I'm not a Kopite by the way.

I look up to men who are Magnanimous in victory and gracious in defeat - Fergie has never been either.
    I hold the following in much higher regard than that old miserable wino:

Bobby Robson
    Roy Hodgson
    Pepe Gaurdiola
    Clive Woodward etc etc

His premise "We are the biggest club in the world...[and]...Newcastle is just a wee club in the North East" is both condascending and incorrect.
    On results alone in European Cup/Champions League wins they are down the list:
    Real Madrid 9
    Milan 7
    Liverpool 5
    Bayern Munich 4
    Ajax 4
    Inter 3
    Man U 3

If Guardiola had stayed on and won as much as he did in the 4 years he was there (13 trophies), Fergie would look like little league in 4 years more.
    They are definatley not the biggest In terms of finances (MU are deep in the red but can sustain their borrowing, for now), MU are hundreds of millions behind Real Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Bayern Munich and in fact Arsenal.
    His initial response after being thrashed by Barca in 2011 was telling "It was our 60th game". Such is the arrogance of the tw4t, not a dickie about how they were outclassed, outplayed and he was left tactically out manouvered. No team in the 2 years up to that final playing 4-4-2 had beaten Barca - Fergie was arrogant and stupid in his assumption that he was going to be the first.
    With enough money and a big enough stick, you can assemble some players to do well and Fergie has perfected this art but it ain't big, pretty or clever. Nor has his best players been a result of MU development:

Cantona - Auxerre, Marseille, Leeds (to name a few)
    RVP - Feyenoord
    Giggs - Manchester City School of excellence !
    Rooney - Everton
    Ole Gunner Solskjaer - Molde amongst others
    Nemanja Vidic - Red Star Belgrade
    Rio Ferdinand -West Ham
    and so on and so on.
    Scholes is the exception.

I have no quarrel with the MU squad (apart from their adoption of the arrogance from above), the person I loathe is Ferguson. The day he steps down or has to step down will be the day the cloud will be lifted.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    I don't wish him a heart attack but I look forward to the day he retires. He is a f'kin horrible, nasty, vindictive bully.

So what can any manager now harangue the ref, linesman and fourth official? You bet they can't! Just wait till another manager tries it, those pussies at the FA, (for whom David Gill is vice-chairman, so absolutely no conflict of interest there then!) will suddenly grow some.

It is sickening listening to the likes of Geoff Shreeves getting his tongue so far up Fergies backside when he "interviews" him. Have you ever noticed how Fergie says 'well done' afterwards. What an arrogant s*it! Very few in the press have the guts to confront him because he will probably take his ball and go home. Just like he did with Match Of The Day because the BBC dared to say something negative. Or there was the time he recalled 3 loan players from Preston because they fired his useless son as manager. Yeah how dare they determine who they want in charge of their own club!

Yes the sooner he drinks himself into oblivion the better for the game in general really. The only good thing I will say about him is that I've always liked the way his teams play the game. All 98 minutes of it!
  • Ben6899
    Thanks for the cheap dig regarding my perceived unemployment.

A lot of fair comment from the other guys, I only hope the same passion goes into loving your own clubs. :)
    Ben

• saprkzz
    saprkzz Posts: 592
    I dont get this "You have to support the team where you live" i.e southern Manc comments etc..

Loads in my area (buckinghamshire), wear Liverpool shirts, manu shirts, Arsenal, etc etc.. but whats wrong with that??.. TV coverage is so good for football that it allows you to follow the teams. Also, my local team is MK Dons, but does that mean I have to support them in everybodies eyes?.. Or because I live near London, to support a London club? although i never travel into London as I hate the place,.. or maybe because I am only an hour from Birmingham, so thats where my blood should spill??

So confusing.... I am not a hardcore football fan, and am quite happy to watch most teams as I enjoy the sport, but all this "banter" makes me laugh. Does nobody support Tottenhem or Chelsea up north? :roll: :roll:
  • I live in Mid Wales and hardly anybody i know supports a Welsh club so this argument/banter is way off.

They support Wales with a passion in rugby and support the Welsh football side but then all support Liverpool,Utd,City,Wolves,Villa the list goes on.

Utd and Liverpool always have had,always will have,support in other contries such as Ireland and Scandinavia as well.
  • rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    Most of Ferguson's rants are designed to distract attention away from a poor performance or something else he doesn't want to answer questions on (Swansea post match interview was a classic of this genre). Seems a pretty fair enough way of dealing with the media as it gives you something to talk about at least.

He's a very competitive man and he knows he has enough standing to get away with a bit more than most managers, a combination that means he's going to come across as a bit of a tw*t fairly often.

I'm a Sheffield Wednesday fan and have no issue with MUFC or any other club come to think of it. It's just a bloody game.
  • de_sisti
    rodgers73 wrote:
    It's just a bloody game.
    You're correct Rogers, but for a lot of fans they'd want to fight you if you ever said anything
    bad about their team.
  • rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    Then they need to relax a little
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    De Sisti wrote:
    You're correct Rogers, but for a lot of fans they'd want to fight you if you ever said anything
    bad about their team.

Ah you've been over to Pro Race then?
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    As a fellow Scot i am not one of his biggest fans, But you cant take away the fact that he's a great manager - Dont tell me that none of you would have taken him as manager of your club ?
  • Ben6899
    rodgers73 wrote:
    Then they need to relax a little

This.

I pity the ABUs.
    Ben

• saprkzz wrote:
    I dont get this "You have to support the team where you live" i.e southern Manc comments etc..

Loads in my area (buckinghamshire), wear Liverpool shirts, manu shirts, Arsenal, etc etc.. but whats wrong with that??.. TV coverage is so good for football that it allows you to follow the teams. Also, my local team is MK Dons, but does that mean I have to support them in everybodies eyes?.. Or because I live near London, to support a London club? although i never travel into London as I hate the place,.. or maybe because I am only an hour from Birmingham, so thats where my blood should spill??

So confusing.... I am not a hardcore football fan, and am quite happy to watch most teams as I enjoy the sport, but all this "banter" makes me laugh. Does nobody support Tottenhem or Chelsea up north? :roll: :roll:

because support for a football club was traditionally handed down from father to son. until murdochs greedy hands got involved. just buying a shirt doesnt make you a supporter.it makes you a tellyclapper. you should try getting along to mk dons sometime (even though theyre a punt of a club). football isnt smething that happens on the telly.
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    I think Ferguson behaves the way he does because he's been allowed to - as simple as that. He's probably not a bad bloke but irrespective he lets himself down with displays like the one against Newcastle (not the team display obviously). He's not unique in his behaviour but he's got away with one again with that.

As for supporting teams from wherever - well each to their own. Certainly amongst the lads i grew up with we all supported Derby and it's nice that we can still meet up occasionally at a match or in the pub before or after. I don't mind a bit of banter with other fans but as soon as someone says something like ABUs I'm not interested as it just comes across as a lack of respect when you are both fans of the same sport.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Ben6899
    Some supporters (of teams other than United) check out the United score before that of their own team. They are ABUs; absolutely preoccupied by United's weekly performance or lack of.

So I'll mention ABUs as long as they exist, thank you very much. It has nothing to do with respect or otherwise.
    Ben