Recently completed winter project.

Trikeman
Trikeman Posts: 151
edited December 2012 in Your road bikes
Hi All,
ahead of schedule I know (was my winter project) but here is my latest incarnation - a frame-up build Specialized Roubaix SL3, built with what I wanted and how I wanted.
Full DA 7900 kit and a nice aero-lite wheelset - sub 16lb all up inc pedals and CS200 cad.

DSC_0278_zps579c7f45.jpg

Really comfortable to ride and climbs very well - roll on the summer sportives.

Regards,

Trikeman. :wink:
With a huff and a puff the old man gets to the top - eventually ;o

After one enormous 'cull' this is all that's left.
Sabbath September Ti.
Specialized Stumpjumper Pro FSR.

Comments

• declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    That's your winter bike?!?

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • Trikeman
    Hi Declan,
    no, not my winter bike :shock:

It was supposed to be my 'build during the long winter, spare time project', just it's been finished before I initially planned to finish it. I have ridden it on the one (or two) clear days we have had recently, but thankfully I have others for commuting and the depths of winter.

Regards,

Sabbath September Ti.
  • Trikeman wrote:
    Hi Declan,

It was supposed to be my 'build during the long winter, spare time project', just it's been finished before I initially planned to finish it. I have ridden it on the one (or two) clear days we have had recently, but thankfully I have others for commuting and the depths of winter.

Regards,

looks great in blue and white. How much does the project stand you if you don't mind me asking?
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Trikeman
    Hi YP,
    yep, I like the blue/white too (got too many black bikes as it is).

Cost,,,, Mmmm I will have to sit down and tot up the numbers. As I enjoy building bikes my time I have never catered for in ££'s so it would only be the parts.
    I know it would be no where near the cost if this bike, with this spec, was actually sold in the shops. This is the main reason I build myself as I can build it specifically as I want it, at the time I can afford to buy a part and put it in the cupboard. Once I have everything, it all goes together.

Regards,

Sabbath September Ti.
  • TakeTurns
    TakeTurns Posts: 1,075
    I usually don't like it when people go crazy with the colour co-ordination. However, this is an exception and I like it.

Good job.
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Trikeman wrote:
    Hi Declan,

Regards,

I was going to say! :D

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.