Netflix, Lovefilm, or other?

dynamicbrick
dynamicbrick Posts: 460
edited December 2012 in The cake stop
As per the title really - I'm thinking about using one of the above services.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

Comments

• brother-in-law uses love film & thinks its pretty good, has it linked to his smart TV so he can download films via the TV though he could have linked it up to games station too I understand.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Lovefilm for me. Never had any issues with them & they have just given me a free upgrade to limitless DVDs a month. All for a fiver a month. Can't argue with that really.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Tried them both and didn't like either.

Netflix had loads of stuff, but was generally really old; I understand its got better, but not much.
    LoveFilm was ok, but expensive, fine if you watch a lot of movies though, I guess.

We've now got Sky Movies Anytime, which is part of the package, you just connect your Sky box to the interweb and bobs your uncle, hundreds of movies, new and old. I understand that Virgin's Equivalent, TiVo is pretty good too.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    Netflix. Yes, the UK store is not great but your membership is worldwide. If you convince the Netflix server that you are in other regions you will gain access to the library for that region :) Search google for unblock-us. With 1 click I can switch between the UK/USA/Sweden , etc.

For example series one of The Hour is available on the Nordic Netflix libraries.

The Netflix interface is best on Apple TV 2. The PS3 and Blu Ray version is not the greatest.
  • Think I've arrived at the same general conclusion.

Lovefilm - only have one Apple device in the house, otherwise it's all Linux (save for solitary Android tablet, and work Win7 machine).

Netflix's catalogue I've mostly already, erm, got on the various hard drives.

We do have Virgin XL package, so have all the onDemand services... just never seems to be anything worth watching on it. Sky Movies add-on might be the next step then.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    I have not tried Netflix but Lovefilm's library and availability was pretty poor.
    As this is a Mac house I am happy to use iTunes & Apple TV or stick with DVDs.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.