Threads of 2012

y33stu
y33stu Posts: 376
edited December 2012 in The bottom bracket
With the year coming to a close, I thought we should have a Bike Radar awards ceremony, for threads of the year.

Personally, I can't see much further than THIS classic.

Any others worth a read on my wind down to xmas?
Cycling prints
Band of Climbers

Comments

• You should have a poll

This one just ran and ran
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • y33stu
    That was a cracker, and will certainly make the finals! Love the instant weight loss.

Think we'll put a shortlist from all nominations together than have a poll for the winner.
    Cycling prints
    Band of Climbers
  • Bwgan
    Bwgan Posts: 389
    Spent a good hour going through all 17 pages, thought it was awesome!! Has it ever been seen
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Gawd Blimey has Ezys only been with us 10 months it feels like a life time.

I m personally a fan of anything Bhima related, but its gone quite of late, must be working hard for the Hill climbing season.
  • can we have categories too like best thread, best/worst troll attempt etc?
  • I've spent the past hour and a half doing no work whatsoever while reading with much amusement and disbelief this beauty :lol:

Not sure if it qualifies for Threads of 2012 though as a majority of it was 2010.
  • tomisitt
    tomisitt Posts: 257
    My favourite was this http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12879937, where some bloke assumed another identity so that he could agree with himself, and then got mixed up about which ID he was posting from and ended up talking to himself. He got outed and banned...hilarious!
  • Kicking a racist off a bike then turns out it was all made up surely has to be considered!
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Anything that involves Thebigbee kicking off :lol:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Strictly probably a first thread of note for 2013 - this one is developing nicely thanks to the single handed efforts of Captainlip who is slowly losing his slender grip on reality. Might fizzle out but I think it has some potential.....

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40013&t=12895636
    Faster than a tent.......
  • y33stu
    I think Captain Lip and Thebigbee are contenders for "characters" of BR 2012
    Cycling prints
    Band of Climbers
  • Yeah, it's got to be the two infamous Captainlip threads, first advocating kicking people off their bikes and secondly seeking moral support for it! They were short but sweet comedy gold, but unfortunately it looks like the cap'n has gone back and deleted all his posts! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'll go for one that some of you might've missed, being secreted away in The Classifieds Users Feedback' section, it's brilliant:

viewtopic.php?f=40046&t=12872137
  • Always a good reason to quote the posts, they can't delete the evidence then!

I think his unwavering abrasive support for Lance as a classic trolling fail was the best part though. Fortunately it was generally ignored.
  • Having to write 2012 off as a pretty rubbish year for me I have to say that I only read about the five replies to Raisins & it had me p***ing myself.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    tomisitt wrote:
    My favourite was this http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12879937, where some bloke assumed another identity so that he could agree with himself, and then got mixed up about which ID he was posting from and ended up talking to himself. He got outed and banned...hilarious!

That was brilliant, A comedy thread with pictures of a nice bike build to go along with it. Doesn't get much better.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    The mumsnet jihad - the greatest and last of the true comedy threads before the diaspora of the bikeradar veteran faithful following the farcical forced introduction of the drivel that is bb onto this stage .......

I'm afraid that everything else just pales into mere forced smiks in comparison to the deep discussions that occured on there - I heard that Yossina and Doook eventually ended up buying a small boutique frame builders in Bologna together.

viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=12861867&p=17695547&hilit=mumsnet#p17695547
  • Oh, man the mumsnet was good fun.

Yossina, Doook and candida McThrush are dead, long may they live.

Mumsnet have banned me on my IP address so i can never go back...........
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • Yossie
    I saw Doook out on stag the other day when we went past his bit of dead shyyyty land: he looked about as happy as I did in the freezing cold waiting for something, anything to happen ......... Seems that rumours of boutique frame building emporiums were off the mark somewhat .......
  • willhub
    willhub Posts: 821
    Oh, man the mumsnet was good fun.

Yossina, Doook and candida McThrush are dead, long may they live.

Mumsnet have banned me on my IP address so i can never go back...........

How do they IP ban you if you have a dynamic IP address?
  • Yossie
    I heard that it lost its dynamism as the edge of the fiscal cliff approached. Either that or the mumsnet ninjas came round and fukkked him over. Either - either. Probably.