training after a dental implant

AndyRubio
AndyRubio Posts: 880
Hi,

I'm getting a dental implant inserted in a couple of weeks yukky yuk. I've heard / read that you need to not do exercise for x weekd afterwards. Obviously I'll be asking the dentist about this, but does anyone have any any experience of it? How long do I have to wait? if at all?

Thanks,
Andy

Comments

• cyco2
    cyco2 Posts: 593
    I would bet it's a lot less time than after my hernia op. on Monday. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    ...................................................................................................

If you want to be a strong rider you have to do strong things.
    However if you train like a cart horse you'll race like one.
  • If there is no grafting involved then there is no reason why you can't train next day. Just don't want to start it bleeding again, but you will have a stable site pretty quickly with a good surgeon.
  • He'll be adding some bone (I think it's not real bone) for reasons which I don't quite get. Is that a graft? Hmmm I'll find out soon.
  • Yep it's a graft. Usually something called bio oss or pure oss, freeze dried bone, so not living. Ask the surgeon's advice, although there really should be no problem. Getting some blood to the area will help it heal.