Cycling pressies!!!

BBH
BBH Posts: 476
edited January 2013 in The cake stop
Ok then, what cycling related gifts did u give or receive??

Not meant as a gloat session, just genuinely interested, am still waiting to find out ATM, will post later and for obvious reasons can't tell about the gifts I've given yet!! Although bought the wife a hybrid to get her out cycling with me for gentle pootles round the lanes :D:D
2012 Scott Foil 10 (Shimano dura ace) - in progress
2011 Cervelo S2 (SRAM Red/Force)
2011 Cannondale Caad 10 (Shimano 105)

"Hills Hurt, Couches Kill!!"
Twitter: @MadRoadie

Comments

• Gabbo
    Gabbo Posts: 864
    An S-Works Tarmac SL4, but then I woke up and realised I got underwear, and not an S-Works Tarmac. Still, could underwear and chocolate could still relate somehow to cycling
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    I got Wiggins' book and a compression base layer, whichever put Mrs. C into fits of laughter when I tried it on !!!
    :lol:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Discovered this in a barn about a month ago, in a bit of a sorry state. Farmer let me have it for nowt. A lot of wire wool, autosol, oil, and grease later...

mumsbike_zps84e14cd2.jpg

£34 for a basket, bell, and a cable.
    Mum's present sorted.

I got no cycling presents, but did treat myself to silver membership with British Cycling the other day. That was my present to myself (along with all the discounted stuff I'll buy subsequently :wink: )
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,944
    Chip Slog has bought me some bib tights. My other ones keep travelling downwards so I can never stand up on the pedals in them! :oops: :lol:

The older I get, the better I was.

• My wife got me a muc off cleaning kit...the motorbike version!! :shock:

I have decided that tact is the order of the day as I'm having far too much fun with my boy's first Christmas so shall have to subtly replace at some point and then I have a present to give to one of my motorbiking friends...or I'll just have to buy a motorbike so I can use the kit!!!

Hope everyone is having a great day
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Garmin edge 500
    Moon x-power 300 light
    Merino socks
    Merino baselayer
    The Secret Race

Not a bad selection!
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    My mum n dad gave me a cheque for £150, so I will head to Rapha and put that towards a pair of 3/4 bibs and a jersey. :)

Merry Christmas from Germany!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Mikey41
    Mikey41 Posts: 690
    Garmin 500 and a small backpack with some cycle route maps in it.
    Giant Defy 2 (2012)
    Giant Defy Advanced 2 (2013)
    Giant Revel 1 Ltd (2013)
    Strava
  • Nik Cube
    Nik Cube Posts: 311
    Some gloves two buffs and a set of led lights plus wiggo's book :)
    Fcn 5
    Cube attempt 2010
  • richsieb
    richsieb Posts: 137
    some spiuk zs11r road shoes, scott bib shorts and a manual on bike maintenance from my grandparents :roll:
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Craft siberian gloves. The left hand glove looks and feels a size smaller than the right though. Returning them :cry:

A Sunday In Hell DVD - cant wait to watch it!

Tour de France book by Graeme Fife.

Really chuffed considering I had zero input and didnt drop any hints this year.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    A Buff
    Some BBB overshoes
    The Secret Race

A £10 donation to "Help for Heroes" and a new Wristband to replace the Conman's yellow one I ve been wearing for the last 10 years.

Merry Xmas everyone (except Lance)
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    "My Time" book (Wiggins) and a couple of cycle themed note books.

Oh, and an espresso maker, which is as "cycling" as you can get!
  • yeah cant get more cycling than that....

got a coffe maker myself plus rapha mug, cross hat & snood

& you will be impressed that the coffee makers colours match the mug :wink:
  • frazered
    frazered Posts: 333
    Surprise chamois cream from the wife - never used it before

6 secs off my KOM on strava this morning

Base layer top, long sleeve day top, glasses holder and clip, cycling paper clips / book marks

Race entry for a MTb event in January up north - cool
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    Look pedals that I bought myself for my new Canyon (when it arrives) and gave to Mrs G to wrap.
    NorthWave deep winter socks, DHB head band and long sleeve jersey that I'm just off put to test :D
    Swissstop brake pads, fitted yesterday whilst the turkey was in the oven
    DHB knee warmers as my existing Endura ones, all the reflective detail is coming off because they get a lot of use
  • wiggo's book, a waterproof jacket from wiggle and some cash from the outlaws to buy a new jersey
  • manglier
    manglier Posts: 1,208
    Wiggo's book, Muc Off kit, a dozen Ti M5x15 bolts and a DHB Windslam jersey. The only hint was for the bolts, complained that my seat clamp bolts were going rusty.
  • arthur_scrimshaw
    arthur_scrimshaw Posts: 2,596
    edited December 2012
    I got a subscription to the Cyclist, pair of 17mm cone spanners, tubeless tape, valves and sealant to convert my Stan's crests to tubeless on the MTB (listen out for the swearing!), Torm T5 jersey in red, pair of woolie boolie socks, bought daughter a new lid (Kask K10 Dieci) and she got some Castelli socks and a set of Lezyne Femto backup lights so quite cycling centric this year!
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    Secteur wrote:
    "My Time" book (Wiggins) !
    ditto - it just appeared without even a word of a hint . I am impressed
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    same here - no hint!

I suspect all our families thought "what should I buy the cyclist?", then went to Waterstones to browse, where they all saw the Wiggo book displayed prominently in the window, and thought "perfect!".

I expect 90% of Bike Radar got that book this Xmas!!
  • byke68
    byke68 Posts: 1,070
    Didn't get one single cycling related pressie! No, not one, nothing, zero, zilch............... :cry:
    Still, got a book about the black metal scene..............
    Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Done really well this year. Oakley Radar
    Campagnolo L/S Jersey
    Cateye Computer
    Sealskinz Gloves
    Pro Bike Stand From my G/F - she knows her cycling :D

+ 2 Conti Grand Prix tyres - Thanks MUM :D
  • simona75
    simona75 Posts: 336
    Got some nice bits

David Millar book
    Wiggle vouchers (traded in today for new bib tights)
    These rather fetching cufflinks....

http://www.shinycufflinks.co.uk/index.p ... ace-detail

What's best is that all were chosen without me asking, my endless droning about stuff must be registering!
  • simona75 wrote:
    Got some nice bits

David Millar book
    Wiggle vouchers (traded in today for new bib tights)
    These rather fetching cufflinks....

http://www.shinycufflinks.co.uk/index.p ... ace-detail

What's best is that all were chosen without me asking, my endless droning about stuff must be registering!

I'm very fussy about links, and normally detest any novelty ones - but I'll admit they're nice... albeit ludicrously expensive.
  • Garmin 500, Rapha Merino Hat, Rapha Coffee Mug, Cheesy Keep Calm ans Cycle on T shirt, Bar Tape, TdF Jerseys Mug & a DHB Winter Jersey is on the way (out of stock til late Dec). Very happy with my haul!
  • Secteur wrote:
    same here - no hint!

I suspect all our families thought "what should I buy the cyclist?", then went to Waterstones to browse, where they all saw the Wiggo book displayed prominently in the window, and thought "perfect!".

I expect 90% of Bike Radar got that book this Xmas!!

Yup, me too! Good job I didn't buy it in Asda when it was down to something like £9.

Got Evans vouchers as well, which was nice, and the "100 Greatest Climbs" book by Simon Warren. :D
  • schweiz
    schweiz Posts: 1,644
    another copy of 'My Time' here plus shorts, jersey, socks and cap from www.cervorosso.com

nice to know people keep an eye on my Facebook page!
  • Edge 500 :)
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    Edge 500 with HR and cadence (how the feck she managed this I do not know!)

Wiggo my time

Sky 21 days to glory

Camel bak

water bottles (can never have too many)

Veloflex tubular tyres (I asked for these ;) )

Pretty chuffed with all that really