Cube Acid, Needs bash gaurd & just two speed.

D4V1D
D4V1D Posts: 233
edited December 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi I keep toying with a FS, but I love the HT and I just keep upgrading it. The only thing left to do is make it a 2 speed front drive with bash guard and a dropper seat.

The Cube is great around Cannock but I'm catching the large chain wheel on the Black routes on wet days, I was wondering if I need to put a bash plate on if I remove the large chain wheel, but I can't tighten the middle chain wheel up If I leave the large chain wheel off. Is it possible to buy shorter fixings, or do I have to put a plastic type of bash plate on?

As to the dropper seat are the Rockshox Reverbs reliable on long term test?
I'm not a racer, but I like to churn out 2-3hr rides,
I love Cannock and Llandegla cycle parks.
Cube Acid 2010
Upgraded RockShox Reba RL Forks, twin air.
Updrade RockShox dropper seat post.
Went tubeless DIY style using a 20" BMX tube. Lasting well.

Comments

• Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    Shorter chainring bolts can be bought. But would a skills course maybe benefit more than adding a centimetre of clearance? A bashgaurd may be a good idea though if you keep hitting your chain rings.

Reverbs are the most recommended droppers on the forum, I have no experience, but plenty on here do.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Different length chainwheel bolts are avaialble, shorter to just delete the outer ring, or use standard with a metal bash or some plastic bash's need longer bolts (Shimano and E13 for example).

You can get BB mount Taco's to protect the rings but not sure if they will go upto a 42T ring like your current largest and I think they're only availaible for ISCG tabs (haven't really looked though s could be wrong).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.