Suntour or Rockshox

Lee83ant
Lee83ant Posts: 4
edited December 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi

I have been putting together a Hard tail Mountain bike over the last few weeks based with some kit a friend had lying around, and i am only a few pieces short of having a completed bike now. For the Forks it seems i have a choice of two pairs.

Suntour Epicon forks off a 2007/08 Carrera Banshee bike

or

Rockshox Dart 3 (2010 i belive)

What would be the best forks to go with for i guess light off road/ Trails?

i would have thought the Suntour forks would require i bit a work based on there age although from what i have seem they look in good condition on the surface.

Thx

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The Epicons if they are in equal condition.
  • Ouija
    Ouija Posts: 1,386
    +1

Suntour aren't the greatest regarded of fork manufacturers, but once you get up to the Epicon range and above they are very respectable pieces of kit. Especially If the 2008 Epicons are air based forks with lockout, rather than spring forks (which the dart 3 is, i seem to recall).
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The Dart3 is near enough a suntour XCR (compare them.....), the Epicon is a step up from that.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    The Dart is also scary flexible. Go for the Epicon!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.