Sram 10sp Cassette on XT

defride
defride Posts: 277
edited December 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Quick query, not run a Sram cassette before and just bought one for my wifes bike.

2012 XT hub and the Sram cassette is rattling about, is there a spacer missing or some other issue?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    should be a straight fit.

got the cog spacers fitted correctly.

look at the cog spacing on the small cogs.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • defride
    Many thanks for the reply,

There looks to be a spacer for the inner cog but none for the second. Seems the one for the second may be missing?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    There shouldn't be loose spacers, but sometimes they will go on back to front and not sit as they should - do you have even spcing? Photo?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • defride
    Mystery solved. Having been used to Shimano where the outer ring only fits one way I'd slipped the Sram one on and thought it was in the right position, it wasn't. All present and correct now.

Thanks for the replies
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    defride wrote:
    Mystery solved. Having been used to Shimano where the outer ring only fits one way I'd slipped the Sram one on and thought it was in the right position, it wasn't. All present and correct now.

Thanks for the replies
    sram can only fit one way as well.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown