Fatigue profiling

jgsi
jgsi Posts: 5,062
Now I am really confused.
I have just checked my profile using online calculator for the sake of ease:
http://www.peakscoachinggroup.com/FP.as ... eSupport=1

I thought that my L7 to L5 ability was below average and it comes up above
and where I thought my strength was higher in L4 work, it appears I am below average!

If this is to be believed, I am now scratching my head as to where I should concentrate my training.

I was, up to this morning going to be planning 3/4 workouts a week - shortish and higher intensity as I am going to be a little bit 'time poor' for the next few weeks.

I know training is training and quality counts but this was a bit of unusual news.

Comments

• jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    Fatigue profiling is not incompatible with what you said - indeed it's quite like with fatique profiling you'll naively get the opposite of what you think your strengths are.

If you could not sprint at all, your fatique profile for "sprinting" will look well above average. ie you'd do 300 watts for 1 sec, 5sec, 10sec, 30sec so despite being an atrocious sprinter your fatique profile for sprinting would look awesome! But that's because you have no sprint and a larger proportion of your watts come from where your strengths actually are.

Remember it's not a comment on your actual strength, just the fall off within the range of zones. I think fatique profiling tells you little to nothing on where to concentrate your training - it will tell you things on how to play out the end game of a break perhaps when trying to beat a small group (ie if you have very good fatigue resistance in your 1-2minute region you're better off going early if you can get a gap)
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • jgsi
    That makes sense... I know that I am not a sprinter by any stretch of the imagination.
    However, the drop off in L4 region was disappointing as an initial reaction but despite that... my training plan remains what I intended to plan anyway, based more on my time constraints than anything.
  • Are you not supposed to do your power profiling first?
    So you already know where your actual strengths and weaknesses lie? And then use the fatigue profiling to assess each of those power profiles?
  • jgsi
    Are you not supposed to do your power profiling first?
    So you already know where your actual strengths and weaknesses lie? And then use the fatigue profiling to assess each of those power profiles?

Yo .. yes .. and came out upsloper... hence the confusion.