sunset cycles

sarm34
sarm34 Posts: 182
edited December 2012 in MTB general
I know most people are quick to complain about cycle companys and the like, but today i have some praise for sunset cycles, after ordering my wife the ghost 2012 se 2000 on friday afternoon 1ish, the bike arrived saturday (this morning) and thats including the xmas rush, which i think is a fantastic service so thanks very much sunset cycles. So this evening i have built it up for her birthday which is xmas eve and she will hopefully be pleased with what i have bought her, shes new to mtb so heres hoping
merry xmas to you all

Comments

• MTBUK
    MTBUK Posts: 146
    I totally agree... Had my old rattly 2010 orange 5, and an Lapierre xcontrol off them over the years... They're fantastic :D
    Orange 5 Pro 650b 2014
    Orange Crush 650b 2014
  • Pleased they got it for you that quick, on a personal note I have bought three bikes in the past 4yrs from them all over £2500, the last bike i bought i dinged the frame which was my fault and all i wanted them to do was order me a frame with hopefully some kind of discount if possible although wasn't hopeful as it was my own doing.

After four weeks of phoning them and going in there they wern't particularly interested just a layed back attitude saying that the manufacturer wants full wack for the frame which was £800 which i accepted as it wasn't there fault, another two weeks go by and still no frame so i go back in ask if there's any news got a yawn and i'll ring them today and get back to you which never happened.

After another two days i phoned them only to get sorry still ain't in so i asked how long it will be, got back was i'll phone them today and get back to you, i replied you said that two days ago so just cancel the order.

Went straight in to Evans Cardiff which i don't really like as the majority of what they sell is overpriced anyway explained my problem the guy phoned them while i was there placed the order got frame two days later.

I got quite a few mates who won't use them again either through bad service to begin with or after sales service being really poor which was the case for me as the selling part they can't do enough but selling ain't just knocking out bikes it's looking after the customer afterwards.

There loss as i have spent another 5k on two bikes this year and two mates of mine have spent 3k each aswell on bikes they stock.
    Zesty 514 Scott Scale 20 GT Expert HalfwayupMTB
  • The staff in there are good, but they're bloody expensive if you need any workshop stuff done.
    Tend to be 10-20% higher than other shops.
  • YIMan
    YIMan Posts: 576
    Stu Coops wrote:
    Pleased they got it for you that quick, on a personal note I have bought three bikes in the past 4yrs from them all over £2500, the last bike i bought i dinged the frame which was my fault and all i wanted them to do was order me a frame with hopefully some kind of discount if possible although wasn't hopeful as it was my own doing.

After four weeks of phoning them and going in there they wern't particularly interested just a layed back attitude saying that the manufacturer wants full wack for the frame which was £800 which i accepted as it wasn't there fault, another two weeks go by and still no frame so i go back in ask if there's any news got a yawn and i'll ring them today and get back to you which never happened.

After another two days i phoned them only to get sorry still ain't in so i asked how long it will be, got back was i'll phone them today and get back to you, i replied you said that two days ago so just cancel the order.

Went straight in to Evans Cardiff which i don't really like as the majority of what they sell is overpriced anyway explained my problem the guy phoned them while i was there placed the order got frame two days later.

I got quite a few mates who won't use them again either through bad service to begin with or after sales service being really poor which was the case for me as the selling part they can't do enough but selling ain't just knocking out bikes it's looking after the customer afterwards.

There loss as i have spent another 5k on two bikes this year and two mates of mine have spent 3k each aswell on bikes they stock.

Evans will price match so good chance of discounting overpricing.