Bike tampered with by scotes!!

paulpc1
paulpc1 Posts: 5
edited December 2012 in Commuting chat
Well I popped into my local Tescos yesterday and left my bike chained up right outside the front entrance, I removed my lights and computer ect....anyway when I came back and got on my bike I discovered as I crunched and grind-ed into a different gear , the gear indexer had be twisted ....BUT what really pissed me off was the scum had also released my front wheel quick release lever which had I not noticed could have been very nasty.....

As my wife said when I related it to her at home ,that it could have resulted in serious injury, even death..."well Paul you have to realize they don't care about you or anybody else for that matter and if you had have died as a result they'd probably find it hilarious !" I would like to think she is wrong but sadly I think she may be right looking at some of the chav cockroaches that are being bred these days ... A few years ago I remember been very shocked at my son (who thank God was also disgusted by it) relating how some kids at his school had the footage of some poor hostage of some Islamic extremists having his head hacked off with a knife and were passing it round their bluetooth phones for entertainment!!! WHAT KIND OF SICK WORLD ARE WE LIVING IN.....If only we could have some sort of cull followed an enforced sterilization program for these Jeromy Kyle types!!!

Any way on a more positive note....hoping you all a happy Xmas and new year ...... and as the sarge on Hill Street Blues used to say..."Hey....let's be careful out there!"

Comments

• pastey_boy
    pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    If they had been full blown scotes they would have taken your qr skewer and slashed your tyres whilst daubing your saddle with dog faeces , what you have experienced is an attack by borderline scotes. Full blown scotes exclusively come from council estates whereas your common garden semi scote usually resides in a terraced house still funded by housing benefits mind.
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    I don't think this sort of thing is new. It wasn't that long ago in history that entertainment consisted of watching public executions and if you were caught outside after dark in some cities it was highly likely you would be murdered for any cash you carried. The daily mail may paint a picture of the decline of moral values and society but in reality life was much more brutal and dangerous in years gone by...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    People are still the same, bless 'em. If they started executing scrotes in public tomorrow you'd still get a pretty good crowd I reckon...
  • Hoopdriver wrote:
    People are still the same, bless 'em. If they started executing scrotes in public tomorrow you'd still get a pretty good crowd I reckon...

I'd go.

Prefer public humiliation rather than execution though. Does that make me a wuss?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    hug a hoody guys.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    hug a hoody guys.
    I've heard that before somewhere. :?:
    CameronHoodie_468x545.jpg
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    Hoopdriver wrote:

I'd go.

Prefer public humiliation rather than execution though. Does that make me a wuss?
    Make it a two-act thing then, and you can take your leave before scene II
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Some twunt poured the remains of a sweet n sour over my hack once at the station, not so life threatening granted, but they hadn't even eaten all the pineapple, heathens.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017