Canyon

andrewwaite
andrewwaite Posts: 35
edited December 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi everyone

As anyone orderd a bike direct from canyon and if so were there any problems at all

Cheers
If it's not from Yorkshire it's Shite

Comments

• tudj
    tudj Posts: 254
    There's a thread load of Canyon related info here: viewtopic.php?f=10002&t=12789920

I've ordered myself a Nerve AL+, it's being dispatched next week. I've had to contact them a few times to change order/delivery details and they've responded to my emails quickly and been helpful.
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I have. It's great.
  • Been fucked about by them for a month... The information wasn't given to me though, I had to chase them as to why my bike hasn't been shipped when they said it would be, 3 times now and 3 new delivery dates.

The only reason I ordered from them was because of good reviews but maybe I just got unlucky. Kinda wish I had just bought from a shop and had a bike in my hand immediately.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • I ordered a Torque Ex 7 weeks ago, it was supposed to be delivered week comencing 3rd Dec but never arrived. I too was given 3 differant delivery dates and I also had to contact them to find this out not them notifying me. I finally got a definate delivery date of 1st week in Jan 2013 so I cancelled my order built myself a bike up. I wasnt overly impressed with customer service.
  • I ordered a Torque Ex 7 weeks ago, it was supposed to be delivered week comencing 3rd Dec but never arrived. I too was given 3 differant delivery dates and I also had to contact them to find this out not them notifying me. I finally got a definate delivery date of 1st week in Jan 2013 so I cancelled my order built myself a bike up. I wasnt overly impressed with customer service.

Sounds like we've had the same problem... I ordered the same bike. Though looks like you got lucky, I've just been told the 3rd week of next year now. I'm pretty unimpressed, considering cancelling but figure by the time I get my money back into my account and actually get time to go and buy/build a bike I may just get the bike I actually want.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    edited December 2012
    55 pages of Canyon stuff here, do we really need another thread.
    viewtopic.php?f=10002&t=12789920
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • was only asking if you don't have a helpful answer don't say anything
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Is that a request or an order?
    The info is there - use it. That is being helpful.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    I got mine within 10 days, no problem.

As CD says that thread is useful, no need for either of you to become bitchy ;)
  • A small percentage have problems, with customer service. Most don't. Think the bikes and massive value are well worth the small risk of hassle!
    2011 Canyon XC 8.0 (Monza Race Red)
    1996(?) dyna-tech titanium HT; pace RC-35's; Hope Ti Hubs etc etc
    Bianchi Road Bike
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    Shackster wrote:
    A small percentage have problems, with customer service. Most don't. Think the bikes and massive value are well worth the small risk of hassle!
    there's always a small percentage who have problems regardless of the make of bike they buy
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • Jimx26
    Jimx26 Posts: 147
    chez_m356 wrote:
    Shackster wrote:
    A small percentage have problems, with customer service. Most don't. Think the bikes and massive value are well worth the small risk of hassle!
    there's always a small percentage who have problems regardless of the make of bike they buy

This.
  • Thanks for the replys
    Think I will take a chance and order
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    Thanks for the replys
    Think I will take a chance and order
    not really taking a chance mate, people on here have been buying them steadily since they really came to prominence in 2011, some people even before that
    BkM-SE wrote:
    Just came across this thread, and since I haven't seen any Canyons on the trails so far I'm quite surprised at the amount of people that have a Canyon over here now. Looking forward to see you guys on trail, I'll give you a silly thumbs up or something :mrgreen:

My 2010 Nerve AM...
    p4pb7408831.jpg
    they also seems to be quite a few who have there road bikes in the ''your road bikes'' section. obviously this was discovered by accident when i hit the wrong button several times
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011