No spring classics for Ballan

hommelbier
hommelbier Posts: 1,555
edited December 2012 in Pro race

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,242
    Oh dear.
  • Flippin' eck! Everyone is crashing at the moment! Be careful out there people...
  • rick_chasey
    Not the luckiest rider is he?
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Yeh not nice, hoping he recovers quickly.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    seems he's already lost his spleen and may have to lose a kidney. Lets hope it's not as bad as that and he can return to racing. Thoughts are with him and his family
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    That level of injury probably means the end of his career as a professional cyclist. Terrible shame if it does.....
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Terrible for the boy, hope he gets well soon, but have to say pretty irrelevant for the actual racing...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    ddraver wrote:
    Terrible for the boy, hope he gets well soon, but have to say pretty irrelevant for the actual racing...

He instigated the winning break in Flanders in 2012.
  • ddraver
    ...and got the standard Italian allergic reaction to having the wind in his face and hid behind Boonen for the rest of the race. He'd have hidden behind Pozzato too, but he was also trying to hide behind Ballan as he was afflicted by the same allergy...
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    ...and got the standard Italian allergic reaction to having the wind in his face and hid behind Boonen for the rest of the race. He'd have hidden behind Pozzato too, but he was also trying to hide behind Ballan as he was afflicted by the same allergy...

Hmm, must have been a different Ballan who was leading this group at Paris Roubaix I saw this year...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nEbb19Gu8E
  • ddraver
    I think their wind allergy takes more than 18 seconds to develop...

For that 18 seconds, man can they be devastating though, They can like open up a whole..second!
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    I think their wind allergy takes more than 18 seconds to develop...

For that 18 seconds, man can they be devastating though, They can like open up a whole..second!

Yeah, sorry about that. I tried to get a motorbike or maybe even a helicopter so I could follow the race a little better. Maybe next year.

But you did actually watch this year's Tour of Flanders? You didn't go and make a cup of tea with about 20km to go? You do know which rider is which, don't you? Watch it again, Boonen, Pozatto and Ballan all worked together from the top of the Kwaremont to 3 km to go when Ballan attacked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n76pvZ29Ac#t=3050

Really don't know what you were watching. :?
  • ddraver
    Yep, I watched it...

Posted on here that Boonen had won at about 20km to go too....
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    Posted on here that Boonen had won at about 20km to go too....

Err, OK, well done. I'm sure lots of other people thought the same. Don't really know what that has to do with you thinking Ballan and Pozatto did no work in the winning break.