North London - Central route advice

pangolin
pangolin Posts: 6,280
edited December 2012 in Commuting chat
Hi Guys

A friend wants to cycle to work, he lives at N22 7AP. Going to W1.

Could anyone up that way link a decent route for him?

Thanks!
- Genesis Croix de Fer
- Dolan Tuono

Comments

• mlgt
    mlgt Posts: 366
    So thats pretty much Ally Pally to Marylebone. I cycle from N2 to Covent Garden, but a simple route would be to just head towards regents park via hamsptead or camden.

Its around 8 miles which I do and takes me around 30-45 mins depending on your fitness.

The route I take is up hampstead heath, down towards hamsptead and then towards swiss cottage or st johns wood and then baker street/marylebone.
    N2 - SW1

Canyon Endurace 9.0
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Back of shopping city (Mayes road etc.) wightman road, through Stroud green, tollington road onto Camden road, through Camden, then down parkway, and round regents park...done this loads of times, it's fine.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Wot he said.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • chilling
    chilling Posts: 267
    I live in Turnpike Lane and generally us this route..

To Finsbury Park > Drayton Park > Westbourn Rd > Thornhill Rd > Barnsbury Rd > Amwell St > Rosebery Av > Theobolds Rd > High Holborn > Shaftsbury Ave

Which gets me in to Soho.

It's all very cycling friendly until you get do Holborn (But once you are into this part of town which ever way you go you will hit the traffic chaos)

I sometimes come down through Islington round Clissold Park as an alternative.