MODS. Please make changes to help OUR forum

124»

Comments

• Isn't there a delete thread option???
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    There is - but there is also a Delete All Posts by user and Move All Posts by user option, so we can by simply entering the name of the spammer clean them all out in one go, and ban them. We have a Spam folder in the BR Office where we move spam to to analyse.

So if people respond to the spam we get left with a lot of threads we have to manually clear up.
  • paul_mck
    paul_mck Posts: 1,058
    in that case I for one am genuinely sorry for causing any bother, and shall refrain from doing it again.
  • It's only a bike forum. You can't police the internet so don't get stressed out about spamming. It's not really a big issue.
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLonrXNSxDQ

It's those damn Rockers, always trying to cause trouble for the Mods. Wiggo would be disappointed.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I'd support the rockers anyday, silly mods on silly scooters. Like something out of the commuting forum.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Being a rocker, I need to avoid going to Brighton as I'd have to beat myself up.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    Generally, the min post thing is just common sense. There is no way I'd pay cash/bank transfer to any non-active user and where possible I will do paypal. A quick search of their posts reveals what they are up to. It is strange that there is a section on protecting ebay's revenue by not allowing out of ebay trades. yet there is nothing frowning on paypal gift.

one of the great things about the for sale bit is anyone posting fakes tends to get found out by members with a keen eye. You don't get that kind of scrutiny on ebay.

Last point: the feed back area is a defamation law suit waiting to happen. Both the poster, any contributing poster and BR would be open to a claim if someone posted something defamatory.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    RE paypal, there is a part that says:
    You will have NO recourse if things go wrong and you've sent a 'Gift' through Paypal.

As for minimum posts, it is something I will raise.
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    There is recourse - there is the county court, though "it was a gift" might well be an interesting defence to a claim. I was more thinking it should be discouraged in the rules. Paypal is commercial outfit like BR and if people want to avoid fees they should do a regular bank transfer. Realistically its sellers being tight. You factor the fees in like, P&P or you given them your bank details and sufficient personal info and ask them to trust you.
  • paul_mck
    If Im selling something Ill ask for it as gift, if they dont want to do that Ill weigh up the the cost. And either swallow it, or ask that they pay fees.

i think thats fair. If a buyer wants to buy something and offers to pay the fees, then surely there is no problem. Its like postage included is generally 2nd class, if you want the security of special delivery youd be expected to pay for it.
  • paul_mck
    id be happy with bank transfer either way. But its like gifting, no comebacks.

I have a second savings account with nothing in it, and use that for receiving payments. So no DDs getting set up etc. I wouldnt give out my current account details.