Thread Deletion

dashik
dashik Posts: 156
Hi can one of the mods please explain why my thread was deleted?

Thanks

James

Comments

• lotus49
    lotus49 Posts: 763
    Was this your "My 1st ride" thread?

I was really enjoying following your progress. I hope it is reinstated, it was one of the best threads in this section of the forum.
  • dashik
    It was indeed. I'm wondering why it was deleted, seems a few people thought it was not very entertaining but even so deletion seems an excessive over reaction when most threads here struggle to reach a thousand views never mind 10k views.
  • lotus49
    Dashik wrote:
    It was indeed. I'm wondering why it was deleted, seems a few people thought it was not very entertaining but even so deletion seems an excessive over reaction when most threads here struggle to reach a thousand views never mind 10k views.

Even if a few people did think that, they are free to ignore it. I cannot believe that it was deleted on that basis. I always subscribe to the "cockup rather than conspiracy" theory. I certainly didn't read anything in it that should have resulted in its deletion.

Good luck getting it reinstated. As I said, I thought it was interesting reading the experiences of someone in a similar position to me and I had been following your progress.
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    ^^^^ what he said.
    Shame as it was a good read for beginners in the beginners section.
    Do let us know if you get an explanation dashik.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Liked following it!

Perhaps we should all go out on another my 1st ride!
  • TakeTurns
    TakeTurns Posts: 1,075
    That's what happens when you get on a mod's t!ts.
  • dashik
    TakeTurns wrote:
    That's what happens when you get on a mod's t!ts.

Really? You know this because?

Which mod and in what manner?
  • lotus49 wrote:
    Good luck getting it reinstated. As I said, I thought it was interesting reading the experiences of someone in a similar position to me and I had been following your progress.
    ^^^ this.
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • One of the best threads on this beginners board, A truly inspirational thread.

I hope the thread can be resurrected. I also look forward to the explanation as to why the thread was pulled from the forum.

Good luck Dashlik, whatever the outcome, keep us informed on your progress mate. :wink:
  • NewTTer
    NewTTer Posts: 463
    Utter nonsense, it wasnt even cycling related, just him going on about riding on the turbo. He may as well have saved his money and gone to spin classes. And he even admitted on one post he was using it as his personal blog, so I would imagine that may be a sound reason the deletion
  • lotus49
    NewTTer wrote:
    Utter nonsense, it wasnt even cycling related, just him going on about riding on the turbo. He may as well have saved his money and gone to spin classes. And he even admitted on one post he was using it as his personal blog, so I would imagine that may be a sound reason the deletion

If you weren't interested, why on earth were you reading it?

It is clear from the responses here that some of us found it interesting. There are lots of threads here that don't interest me in the slightest but I just don't read them. Until this very moment it had never occurred to me that they should be deleted just because I'm not interested when I know others are.

Also, I didn't know that threads about turbos are not really about cycling. There are a lot of those here. Someone needs to get busy if such threads don't belong here.
  • dashik
    For the record it was a cycling in general thread. The turbo lately due to issues stated in the thread and it's not as if I was never going to go back out on the bike.

Deletion without any warning or notice to modify the content etc still seems a bit harsh and extreme.
  • dashik
    Moved it seems. I'd still like a decent explanation as to why my thread 1st bike thread was deleted.
  • lc1981
    lc1981 Posts: 820
    I would message a moderator and ask what happened, if I were you.
  • dashik
    I did, Yesterday, I am still awaiting a reply never mind a decent explanation.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
  • dashik
    Nicklouse, should it have been someone else? I'd like to know who deleted it and why?
  • dashik
    Still awaiting the relelvent mod to explain what was so wrong with the thread it was deleted. I cant for the life of me think why there was no warning or even just lock the thread.

Very brave of them to just delete and say nothing. Smacks of being vindictive for no reason other than to pander to a few that were not happy reading a beginner's thread in the beginner's section.