Mapmy Ride Bagging

teisetrotter
teisetrotter Posts: 342
edited December 2012 in Road beginners
Yes .......... I have bagged (without making the course up myself) my first course. This is all a lot easier than Strava I admit, because there are a lot less people using Mapmyride (ermmmmmm hence my use of it).

However there is a hill section near me where the highest ave speed for 1.2m is 25mph. The next one is 17mph. I am wondering if somebody switched their mobile gps on whilst driving .............. anyone heard of that on Strava?

Comments

• djm501
    djm501 Posts: 378
    I'm KOM on one MMR uphill here in Cardiff because in fact I've been riding a flat road that runs parallel and below the real climb.
    The GPS isn't that accurate on occasions.
  • TakeTurns
    TakeTurns Posts: 1,075
    Mapmy Ride? :roll:

...Must be another one of those willy waving things
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    IT,s the same on strava,some of the kom times seem unbelievable but generally you just have to accept there are lots of fast fit riders out there.
    At the end of the day just work on your own times and efforts and maybe one day you will get the the unatainable(at present)times.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • I agree. I am doing repeat runs to see improvements I make on climbs and distances. And this was a little milestone of willy waving.
  • I agree. I am doing repeat runs to see improvements I make on climbs and distances. And this was a little milestone of willy waving.