Livestrong

xhacker
xhacker Posts: 69
edited December 2012 in Pro race
Cancer is a very sensitive and emotive subject. One which I have experienced personally and which changed my perception of life.

Now, we all know Lance isn't guilty right? Let's face it, 500 staged tests proves that, doesn't it?

I care less about a person that bullied, lied and deceived his mass following. What his ultimate destiny is, who knows realistically?

However, if the reported rumours are true about the monies raised for what from the face of it seems to be an exceptional charity and cause, does he not warrant a criminal investigation and subsequent custodial sentence?

The misery the disease administers does not need someone pillaging its victims fragile emotions.

What makes a person so arrogant as to think they can stick 2 fingers up to the world and dupe the vulnerable?

I have my thoughts.

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,242
    Happy for you to big up your blog here if you're happy to post the content of your blog...
  • Ok, blog removed. No big deal!
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    What federal aw has he broken? Pieces are already moving in the case of perjury, he's been convicted and punished to the fullest extent of sporting law for doping...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • On the subject of Livestrong, anybody know what/if they do anything for specifically in the UK?

I know lots of people that still "support" Livestrong, but I can't help thinking that in the UK, maybe people are better off giving their money to MacMillan, Cancer Researh UK or some other charity?

The myth that Livestrong helps fund cancer research still lives strong, that's for sure.
  • mooro
    mooro Posts: 477
    Hi- dont think they really have a presence in the uk other than fund raising etc. Much of their work revolves around helping US patients navigate through the complex health system in the US, and helping once they are diagnosed which is completely different to the services available in the UK.

Talked about this with one of the Cancer leads on one of the wards a while ago and they were very dismissive of the value within the UK. MacMillan on the other hand are fantastic, and people are always best off donating to UK charities for this. Basically investment in research in the UK is worthwhile but in the US it is the pharmaceuticals who are investing billions as the first drugs which will stop or reverse the spread will earn them trillions.
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    Aren't live strong just awareness... As others have said I put money towards Macmillan.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    I have a yellow Livestrong band still in it's original packaging. I'm hoping it's going to be valuable in the future like Nazi memorabillia.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    xhacker wrote:
    However, if the reported rumours are true about the monies raised for what from the face of it seems to be an exceptional charity and cause, does he not warrant a criminal investigation and subsequent custodial sentence?

What makes a person so arrogant as to think they can stick 2 fingers up to the world and dupe the vulnerable?

"...if the reported rumors...". Absolutley, he would deserve an investigation. However, two words stand in the way, if and rumors. Should you have any proof of your, somewhat veiled, allegations you should present them to the proper authorites. You sound p*ssed off at LA for whatever reasons and I can understand that(sort of) but simply being p*ssed off at someone doesn't merit their going to prison

Also there are bunches and bunches of people out there who have no qualms at all about "...stick(ing) two fingers up to the world and dupe(ing) the vulnerable". Add in the fact that there is a sucker born every minute and it's pretty easy to see why all the scams of the world exist. Scams are as old as civilization. Nothing new about them.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    I am curious as to how the live strong charity is doing now without it's founder.