December 21st - anyone worried?

Bustacapp
Bustacapp Posts: 971
edited December 2012 in The bottom bracket
Not long to go now so get out there and try and scalp some KOM's!!

Comments

• it's my works Christmas doo on the 21st - a good excuse to stay out drinking till after midnight, just to make sure that the world'll still be there in the morning ;-)
  • y33stu
    y33stu Posts: 376
    Nope. All complete b*oll*cks
    Cycling prints
    Band of Climbers
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    MayanCalendarCartoon.jpg
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Delivery date for Ezy Riders Graphics?
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    6e38b00ed9077f797b9d3b46120f98237227dffa.jpg
  • Well given that the Mayans didn't know about Leap Years, not to mention the whole Julian to Gregorian calendar shift I think maybe this has about as much credence as the possibilty of an honest politician.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Boss's birthday is on the 21st...
  • Bwgan
    Bwgan Posts: 389
    What exactly is suppose to happen, world ending???
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    Well given that the Mayans didn't know about Leap Years, not to mention the whole Julian to Gregorian calendar shift I think maybe this has about as much credence as the possibilty of an honest politician.

I can't understand how anyone gives any credence to a 'prophecy' from a bunch of natives who gutted people and threw them down the side of a building in order to make the crops grow.

The older I get, the better I was.

• bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Capt Slog wrote:
    Well given that the Mayans didn't know about Leap Years, not to mention the whole Julian to Gregorian calendar shift I think maybe this has about as much credence as the possibilty of an honest politician.

I can't understand how anyone gives any credence to a 'prophecy' from a bunch of natives who gutted people and threw them down the side of a building in order to make the crops grow.
    Well, did the crops grow or didn't they?

In other news, I'm a bit concerned that our pay day this month has been set back from the 19th to the 21st...
  • capt_slog
    bompington wrote:

In other news, I'm a bit concerned that our pay day this month has been set back from the 19th to the 21st...

I have no idea :lol:

But one thing I know for sure is that if they did grow it wasn't because of the sacrifices to some god.

• Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    I wonder if the suicide rate will rise in preparation for this particular doomsday nonsense?
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Daz555 wrote:
    I wonder if the suicide rate will rise in preparation for this particular doomsday nonsense?

Are you dying to find out?
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • Capt Slog wrote:
    bompington wrote:

I have no idea :lol:

But one thing I know for sure is that if they did grow it wasn't because of the sacrifices to some god.

but don't dead bodies makes great fertilizer?

A bit of a sing-song, quick flash of the knife and old too-slow-to-run-away is plant food. The crops come up great and everyone praises their God.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • capt_slog

but don't dead bodies makes great fertilizer?

A bit of a sing-song, quick flash of the knife and old too-slow-to-run-away is plant food. The crops come up great and everyone praises their God.

You could have something there, a whole new slant on 'pushing up the daisies'. I can just see Alan Titchmarsh doing a spot about it on Gardeners World

I recall that there was another bunch who sacrificed and threw the heads of victims into their sacred lake. They went about this with such enthusiasm that they caused an ecological disaster to said lake and they died out because of it.

• DesB3rd
    DesB3rd Posts: 285

900-1000AD not so much- major population contraction & social colapse from which the civilisation never substantially recovered, swathes of their city state plain failed and were long since grown over by the time we arrived ~1500. All probably linked to the failure of the aforesaid crops...
  • So they could forsee the end of the current civilisation but not their own all those years ago. Erm....
  • capt_slog
    Ah well, if it doesn't happen, it's not the end of the world.

• Well,
    we are all still here so if you filled your face last night with S**T , you had better get back on that bike today and work it off (message to self) :D

if you were the lucky one who convinced the partner to have an EARLY night due to impending doom ,Well Done ( i forgot) :(
    last month wilier gt -this month ? bh rc1
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    I'm still alive !!
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    has it happened yet?I've been asleep.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • With hindsight - no.
    --
    Saw a sign on a restaurant that said Breakfast, any time -- so I ordered French Toast in the Renaissance.