Broken Formula K24 Oro brake control / lever

miss notax
miss notax Posts: 2,572
edited December 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Hello :D

Had a stupid off racing today, had a good laugh and hopped back on my bike and then realised I had no rear brake :?

Excuse the non-technical description, but the lever had been forced right back and the metal 'pin' with a ball on the end has been pulled right out of the lever and pushed through the side of the little plastic sleeve. I cannot see how the pin can be pushed back into the correct place as it's obviously been ripped out the wrong way! Will try and take a photo tomorrow.

I am riding in the Peak District the day after Boxing Day and need this bike for then. Is it fixable by the bike shop or new brake lever / control time? Can I even replace just this bit?

I had been pondering taking my brakes off the Mixy and putting them on the Orange, but this is also a bit of a work-up as the brakes on the Orange are all pullled through the frame - my mate built the bike a few years ago and I remember him saying it was a nightmare then.

So - bike shop to repair? Or bike shop to swap brakes? Either way it's bloody annoying :roll:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc

Comments