caerphilly rides

Cookymonster38
Cookymonster38 Posts: 68
edited December 2012 in MTB rides
anyone ride around caerphilly at all ?
just taken mountain biking up again after a 7 years gap :roll:
been going round my old haunts but not same on my own or me and 1 mate , still go on my own though as i love it :D

cooky

Comments

• I work in Caerphilly since our office moved from Ystrad Mynach!

Haven't managed to get out for a while though, mad busy with xmas!
  • im opposite , xmas is quiet for me in work
    where do you work
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    hi mate, loads of guys ride around there, check out either: www.halfwayupmtb.com or castle bikes do rides from the shop i think :)
  • jimothy78
    jimothy78 Posts: 1,407
    To second what Kev said, I recently joined the Halfwayup lot on a "gentle" ride they organised (like you, I'm in the process of coming back to MTB after a prolonged gap). Very friendly lot, and the ride was a very interesting route but not too technical, so look out for something like that.

I'm in Tongwynlais, and like you should be fairly quiet over the winter period, so if you want a riding buddy sometime let me know. I haven't explored anything that way yet, but apparently there's some woodlands in Caerphilly (The Warren, Wern Ddu and Coed Parc y Van) which are owned by the forestry comission and easily accessible by bike, so it might be worth checking those out.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    jimothy78 wrote:
    To second what Kev said, I recently joined the Halfwayup lot on a "gentle" ride they organised (like you, I'm in the process of coming back to MTB after a prolonged gap). Very friendly lot, and the ride was a very interesting route but not too technical, so look out for something like that.

quote]

sorry i missed that ride mate, the gf was hungover and spent all day in bed so i had to look after my boy

*thread hijack over :lol:
  • jimothy78
    jimothy78 Posts: 1,407
    welshkev wrote:
    thread hijack over :lol:

not quite :wink:

don't worry about it - just make sure you come out at some point over the next couple of weeks. I can't make the Christmas "wobble", cos it's my daughter's birthday, but should have a bit of free time (maybe) in the few days between Xmas and NY?