Boardman fs question ?

silencesound
silencesound Posts: 75
edited December 2012 in MTB general
Anyone know have they stopped making the fs pro ? Only showing the team model on halfords website.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    http://www.boardmanbikes.com/mtb/index.html

may be Halfords are not goint to sell them any more or are out of stock or...
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • jolmes
    jolmes Posts: 144
    Will have a check tomorrow night at work, was wondering the same thing myself. It's still saying they are sold through halfords on the boardman website...but not on the halfords website.
  • heard on the grapevine from a reliable ( ish) source that boardman are pulling out of halfords as they are sick of the negative image that halfrauds are giving them?
  • i love my HT Pro

but i must say halfords do have a bad image most of the time for poor customer service

my bike is under guarentee but unless its a major issue like the frame cracking, il learn to fix it myself or take it somewhere else.

they sell some great bike like the boardman and voodoo range, but thats all.
  • jolmes
    Had a look and they come up obsolete but are still available from the supplier, so I guess special order. Also they have just released a new range through halfords and "apparently" bringing more in Feb 2013...
  • it's the same with some voodoo bikes too
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo
  • craigw99
    craigw99 Posts: 224
    it will be time for a new range to come out these are 2011/12 bikes - the 13/14 will be comming out soon...
    i guess they are just running down their stock before the change I'd take a bet the new ones will be more expensive with lower spec - seems to be the way of the world now :(
    opinions are worth exactly what you pay for them ;-)
    2012 boardman team F/S tarting has begun..
    1992 cannondale m1000 still going just
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    crispy1980 wrote:
    heard on the grapevine from a reliable ( ish) source that boardman are pulling out of halfords as they are sick of the negative image that halfrauds are giving them?

That's what Teh Internetz said when Halfords kicked GT- end result was that GT all but vanished from the UK. The Boardman/Halfords relationship goes far deeper than the GT/Halfords one did, Boardman won't walk away as without it they have almost nothing.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • I just can't see halfords being sold out of the pro model. From what i see on this forum and other places i always got the impression that the fs team would be the bigger seller. Any other halfords employees know any more info about whats going on ?
  • jolmes
    It shows on the system as being obsolete and being a vendor only item, its the same system in every single Halfords store so each one will show the same. There are probably a few left in other stores from old stock but there are none available from the head office.