Tour Down Under - Sky Team Named.

symo
symo Posts: 1,743
edited December 2012 in Pro race
Article Here
The Adelaide-based event will once again be comprised of six stages, running between January 22-27, with the People’s Choice Classic criterium acting as a precursor to the action on Sunday 20 January.

Representing the team at a race that has traditionally been a successful one for Team Sky is a squad with an eye on next year’s Spring Classics.

Edvald Boasson Hagen returns to Australia looking to improve on seventh place in 2012 and, alongside former stage winner Chris Sutton, will head up the team’s sprint ambitions.

Experienced hand Mathew Hayman will be an assured presence in the role of road captain next to Bernhard Eisel, while a trio of Brits in Luke Rowe, Ian Stannard and Geraint Thomas round out the seven-man line-up.

Kurt-Asle Arvesen meanwhile, will be calling the shots from the team car.

The race holds special memories for the squad, with the opening criterium in 2010 providing Team Sky with their first-ever victory in their very first appearance.

Viewers in the UK can catch live coverage of all six stages on Sky Sports HD during the race.

What no JTL??? Nice to see Thomas out there though.
+++++++++++++++++++++
we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.

Comments

• JTL has bigger fish to fry.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Mystic Meg says first outing for JTL will be the Mallorca Challenge races
  • Good to see G back on the road 8)
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Sky sports though? Not paying all that extra for that, hope most of the races stay on Eurosport, Sky sports is a rip off unless you're in to your football...
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Sky sports though? Not paying all that extra for that, hope most of the races stay on Eurosport, Sky sports is a rip off unless you're in to your football...

They will. Races need to be on free-to-air channels as part of some agreement or 'tother. Making people pay to watch advertising on wheels doesn't really make sense.

TdU is always on Sky as no one really wants to watch it.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Paul 8v
    iainf72 wrote:
    Paul 8v wrote:

They will. Races need to be on free-to-air channels as part of some agreement or 'tother. Making people pay to watch advertising on wheels doesn't really make sense.

I'm desperate to watch some cycling at the moment, I'll watch anything! Even watched the tour de Faso in French on TV5 Monde!
  • iainf72 wrote:
    Paul 8v wrote:

Yeah, the real action starts with the Tour of Qatar, featuring a time trial round a car park and stage finishes watched by one man and a camel.
  • Paul 8v
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I wish the Amgen Tour of California brought to you in association with Burger King was still on in February :(
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    iainf72 wrote:
    Paul 8v wrote:

Yeah, the real action starts with the Tour of Qatar, featuring a time trial round a car park and stage finishes watched by one man and a camel.

The racing in Qatar is a lot better than the racing in TdU.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    The TDU was the first pro stage race I watched. I got in to cycling just before the Tour last year, and the first proper race I watched was Cav at the words. I am very much looking forward the TDU, i'm also a bit surprised by JTL not being there.
  • Paul 8v wrote:
    I'm desperate to watch some cycling at the moment, I'll watch anything! Even watched the tour de Faso in French on TV5 Monde!

This :D
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    edited December 2012
    sjmclean wrote:
    The TDU was the first pro stage race I watched. I got in to cycling just before the Tour last year, and the first proper race I watched was Cav at the words. I am very much looking forward the TDU, i'm also a bit surprised by JTL not being there.

Its their core Classics squad for '13. JTL aint part of that. He's lined up for the lumpier stuff.
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    sjmclean wrote:

Its their core Classics squad for this year. JTL aint part of that. He's lined up for the lumpier stuff.

To give Clenbertilol a pasting, oh yeah. MDCC massive bringing the pain.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.