Kuota Kom Evo Team Edition

kleinstroker
kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
edited December 2012 in Your road bikes
The nice man at UPS dropped this off for me last week. Can't wait to get it built up properly and take it out for a spin, but will be away for a few weeks until mid December so it will have to wait unfortunately. Still I can look at it and dream!!

Kom_2.jpg

Had a bit of a bonus I think as it turns out it actually was from AG2R and belonged to someone called Steve Houanard, I thought it was just a regular Kom when I bought it.The name is still on the frame where the decals were, not sure if I should clean it off as it looks a bit naff.

Having trouble contacting Kuota though as they haven't responded to any of the emails I sent last week, asking about a replacement fork, so have ordered a non matching Kom fork from a UK supplier, hope it doesn't look too mismatched when it arrives.

Comments

• Steve Houanard is the 26 year old French cyclist who got busted in September for EPO use! :D
  • glasgowbhoy
    glasgowbhoy Posts: 1,341
    Kuota won't help they will direct you to www.dhwagencies.com  the UK distributer. Dave the guy that runs it will probably not help either unless you bought the frame from one of his suppliers. I don't think I'd buy another Kuota again after my experience with him.
  • Steve Houanard is the 26 year old French cyclist who got busted in September for EPO use! :D

That is brilliant!

Nice bike.

no way!! My bike is an accessory to doping!
    I wonder if that's how the bike ended up on ebay?? :D
  • Kuota won't help they will direct you to http://www.dhwagencies.com  the UK distributer. Dave the guy that runs it will probably not help either unless you bought the frame from one of his suppliers. I don't think I'd buy another Kuota again after my experience with him.

Seems a bit odd that the manufacturers want nothing to do with you! What kind of customer support is that?
    I did email Dave and he couldn't help because it was the Team edition, and not available in the UK so he couldn't help.
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    Kuota won't help they will direct you to http://www.dhwagencies.com  the UK distributer. Dave the guy that runs it will probably not help either unless you bought the frame from one of his suppliers. I don't think I'd buy another Kuota again after my experience with him.

Can you elaborate Glasgowbhoy?
  • glasgowbhoy
    My frame developed a crack on the top tube at the cable routing and although it wasnt crashed and the guy hadnt seen it himself (only some pictures) he was adamant on the phone it had been crashed. His tone was abrupt and bordering on rude. I accepted a 'crash replacement' as I needed a frame for a trip to La Marmotte the following week. Had I not been pressed for time I think I would have spent my money elsewhere. I'm sure someone will be along to say he's a great guy, maybe he is but I didn't feel I had an enjoyable 'customer experience' .
  • Kuota won't help they will direct you to http://www.dhwagencies.com  the UK distributer. Dave the guy that runs it will probably not help either unless you bought the frame from one of his suppliers. I don't think I'd buy another Kuota again after my experience with him.

Seems a bit odd that the manufacturers want nothing to do with you! What kind of customer support is that?
    I did email Dave and he couldn't help because it was the Team edition, and not available in the UK so he couldn't help.
    GREAT example of British service. Phah. B/c it's a team bike somehow a 1 1/8 - 1 1/4 fork from a stock KOM doesn't fit. Plonker.

Buy a fork with the same rake somewhere else and just get the thing on the road. DHW is too small time for you and sounds like they'd a drink warm beer on their Scunthorpe council estate.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Like the frame sculpture.
    It's got it's own radiator too.
  • fevmeister
    fevmeister Posts: 353
    edited March 2021
  • Here it is at last!
    Got home yesterday and everything I needed was waiting for me, so just finished.

Bang on 7kg as well

Kom_11.jpg

Handlebar set up not quite right yet and I think I will change the cables for white. Held back on going the whole team look by using black instead of digital blue for the tyres.
  • zx6man
    zx6man Posts: 1,092
    Nice Job.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    looks awesome.
  • glasgowbhoy
    Nice work, where did the fork come from then?
  • found the fork on ebay as well, hard to come by I've found. A bit too cut down for me but I will have to live with it for now.
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    nice bike

I wouldn't worry too much about the saddle to bar difference, you'll soon get used to it (I've seen a lot worse !) a little rotation of the bars downwards would be spot on, I'd leave the levers where they are
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • Cool bike, are they reynolds assault clinchers?
  • Yes I had the Assaults already, very nice wheels. And they are clinchers.
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Sort the bar rotation and de-sticker the wheels and you'll have a stunner.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • smidsy wrote:

And take the tube dustcaps and retainer rings off :wink:
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • Yes I had the Assaults already, very nice wheels. And they are clinchers.

I'm looking for a pair for my r3, saw some at my lbs a few weeks back but can't find any online? What year are they?
  • smidsy wrote:

Bar rotation definitely, desticker... never! I'm not a fan of the black look
  • Any chance of an answer?
  • Sorry Fevmeister

I bought them a few months back from fleabay, paid £375 a definite bargain, hardly had a chance to use them outside though, just waiting for spring now!! Think they are the 2011 version.
  • fevmeister
    fevmeister Posts: 353
    edited March 2021