Specialized Camber Pro

Dan Ingram
Dan Ingram Posts: 79
edited December 2012 in Your mountain bikes
Hi all. Not ridden a mountain bike for about 8 years. Got back in to riding bikes again a couple of years ago (on the road) and recently got the itch to try mountain biking again. I've been looking for a cheap second hand bike for a while and couldn't find anything I liked or anything that I thought was good value.I was really after a Stumpjumper. Then I found this Camber Pro frame and got it for a decent price. I then started looking for second hand parts for it but soon discovered it wasn't much more expensive to by a brand new full groupset. I bought a set of Mavic Crossrides at the same time as they were on offer. The rest of the bike is either second hand bits or a few new bits like the grips and pedals. I went for a quick ride on it round the block tonight and as long as the weather isn't to bad I'll be going to Rivington Sunday morning.

Full Spec

Frame: Specialized Camber Pro 2011
Rear Shock: Fox Triad II
Fork: Marzocchi 44 ATA 130mm
Stem: Specialized
Handlebars: Specialized 660mm
Grips: Specialized Lock on
Brakes: Shimano SLX with 160mm discs
Front Derailleur: Sram X7
Rear Derailleur: Shimano SLX 10 Speed
Cranks, Chainrings, Chain, Cassette: Shimano SLX
Bottom Bracket: Shimano Hollowtech
Pedals: DMR V8
Wheels: Mavic Crossride
Tyres: Panaracer Fire XC
Seat Post: Specialized 30.9mm
Saddle: Charge Spoon

D3FB03B7-77A9-447F-9574-05898703320E-5443-000001B6C3DB8CCB.jpg

I'll be changing a couple of things once I've ridden it a bit and worked out whats comfortable and whats not. Possibly new stem and bars. I'm just looking forward to getting out and giving it some abuse now :)
2011 Specialized Camber Pro
2012 Specialized Roubaix Elite

Comments

• Looks like a very nice bike enjoy it! to clean for my liking ;)
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Ha, yes...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Nice Spesh, how you getting on with those forks?
    Had a lot of issues when I had a set a few years back.
  • What sort of problems?
  • Went to Rivington on it today. Front fork definitely needs more air in it and the rear shock appears to be having issues. So that's this weeks jobs!!

8A21A3B4-0B69-4029-B0D7-FA8BA214F225-2502-000000EFE65114F0.jpg

327AD210-D27B-469B-B7B9-3D25DC98A1B6-2502-000000EFFE87557C.jpg
  • Very nice, you've got to love the specialized styling,
  • Nice bike - I also have a Camber ('12 Expert).

The bars look wider than 660mm in the bottom pic.

What is the problem with the rear shock?
  • yeah,i think so, Very nice, you've got to love the specialized styling,thanks1.gif
  • It must just be the angle of the picture they are definitely 660mm. The lock out stop working on the rear shock then started leaking air and oil out if the lockout lever. It appears the seals have key go so I've sent it off to Mojo to get looked at.
  • Ok cool. Hope the shock Is sorted and you are back on the bike soon.

My Camber is my first FS but I really feel at home with it. I have just run with the recommended setting's from Spesh but it feel's "right" straight away.

Mine has 720mm bars which suit me. My HT now has 700 but came with 660 but I found them too narrow.

I haven't done anything to the Camber other than my pedals and a bottle cage. May swap over to a Charge Spoon though. I have a spare one and although the stock one is comfy, the nose is that but wider.

Only other thing I did was add a thick chainstay protector to the inside chainstay where the rear brake cable goes as I read on another Camber thread on here that it can cause a load of wear.
  • It's my first FS bike as well. Its a bit odd getting used to all the travel but I felt right at home on it. 660mm seems to feel alright for the handlebars though I am tempted to buy some 3T Extendo bars and a matching stem. I've heard of the brake line rubbing on the chainstay so I'll be keeping an eye on it. I have my Garmin sensor mounted there which seems to keep it away a bit.

I think I'll be changing my seat to a Specialized one. I've got the wider Toupe one on my road bike and find it very comfy.

I'm just hoping my shock doesn't take to long to get sorted because I'm dying to get back out on it again!
  • Cool. It's all about what suits you so if the bar width feels right then go with it.

Hope the shock gets sorted soon for you.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Dan Ingram wrote:
    Front fork definitely needs more air
    But what about the rear fork?
  • Dan Ingram wrote:
    Front fork definitely needs more air
    But what about the rear fork?

:roll: yawn.

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • Nice bike by the way.

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • Myster101 wrote:
    Nice bike by the way.

Should have the rear sock back from Mojo early next week so I can get back out on it over Christmas. Looks like its going to be a road bike ride tomorrow.