Euskaltel-Euskadi circling the drain?

OffTheBackAdam
OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
edited December 2012 in Pro race
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/euskalt ... -pay-wages
"I have no other solution. Buses are my salvation; we must sell them because if we don't, Fundación Euskadi is in great danger,"

Doesn't look good for their survival. Considering the dire state of the Spanish economy, I'm surprised that they haven't hit the buffers already.
Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.

Comments

• inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    How many buses do they own...918,000 Euros for a few used coaches (I doubt they are particularly high spec)? Sounds to me like a paper valuation which you can probably halve to get what somebody will actually pay for them, particularly as a "fire sale".

Anyway, it's very sad regardless, hope they make it through.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Me too. Dont like to think of next season without Carrot action.
  • The Pyranean stages would be far less colourful
  • certainly less crashes...

but seriously would not like to see Sammy Sanchez having problems - he cant have many seasons left
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    There was an inner ring piece where he said they have sponsorship secured for a few years and so the carrots will still be racing for a while, but the Euskadi bit is ending, which is the Basque development agency or something.
  • If they're having to sell their buses & don't appear to have paid the last couple of month's wages, they don't sound too secure to me.
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.