I want one!

TMR
TMR Posts: 3,986
edited December 2012 in Pro race
I am such a Rapha whore, but at £20 each, 'mug' would seem to be appropriate :shock:

http://www.rapha.cc/rapha-coffee-mug/?c ... -img-_-mug

Comments

• my sis is getting me one for xmas

arrived yesterday :D
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,817
    Keeping to their normal pricing I see - £20 for a mug ! Checked out the espresso cup set : 2 for £40 - they are extracting the Michael here.
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    Costs them around USD6 per mug or less in bulk... Check out the wholesale section of notneutral.com... A bit dumb of them to have mugs with the notneutral brand on them.
    www.dotcycling.com
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,817
    Guess people like them/their ethos so buy into the stuff - when they tell you their source and you can see what the end-user there can pay, and they'd obviously be buying in bulk so get better prices, then I personally think you see the truth of their super-inflated prices. Lost of their stuff is nice but sometimes appears to be taking the P* a bit too much.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Bull

Sh1t

But then I have more than a few equivalent things such as that so....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • So-called "luxury" lifestyle goods. They're in a similar area as Burberry in that respect, who are not just a raincoat manufacturer aiming for the bottom line.
  • I did just get a £25 voucher, which when I tried to use it was valueless – someone had apparently previously used the code, so I had to set about getting a replacement, which was fine in the end. I guess like in fancy bike shops, the name attracts status-obsessed types to work there and with that there's always a risk of some backroom pilfering.
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    Just go on Vistaprint and you can make the same mug for about £6 delivered.
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    My work colleagues are always winding me up that cycling is 'the new golf' I was bloody mortified to hear that but stuff like this makes me think it may be! Basically ranges marketed at people with loads of money that don't know what to spend it on! It does look lovely but at 20 quid a pop that's pretty steep for a set. Love Rapha's gear but it'sdefinitely fashion prices.
  • Not so sure what the moaning is about ... It's not as if Rapha are the BBC ... You do all have a choice ...
  • How much? Sod that, I'm off to the Oakley website to find something that's better value for money! :wink:
  • Paul 8v
    How much? Sod that, I'm off to the Oakley website to find something that's better value for money! :wink:
    Haha, I think they have a sale on, 80quid for a belt is almost approaching good value ;-)
  • Paul 8v wrote:
    How much? Sod that, I'm off to the Oakley website to find something that's better value for money! :wink:
    Haha, I think they have a sale on, 80quid for a belt is almost approaching good value ;-)

Belt? Bah, it's this shirt that I want!

BAh7CWkKIgwzNjh4NTI3aQtsKwd3q7RQaQdpC2kIaQMu3AI.jpg

http://uk.oakley.com/products/long-slee ... 401454-01K

Bargain at £155. Look, it even has armpit vents cut with lasers!

BAh7CWkKIgwzNjh4NTI3aQtsKwd3q7RQaQdpC2kIaQPw1wI.jpg

I'm not sure how I am coping without it... :shock:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    051011hubpmsweat_512x288.jpg

^^ Greased
  • Maybe I should change my username to the Sweaty Scotsman?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    Maybe I should change my username to the Sweaty Scotsman?

Where I'm from that's something few people ask for...
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v wrote:

Belt? Bah, it's this shirt that I want!

BAh7CWkKIgwzNjh4NTI3aQtsKwd3q7RQaQdpC2kIaQMu3AI.jpg

http://uk.oakley.com/products/long-slee ... 401454-01K

Bargain at £155. Look, it even has armpit vents cut with lasers!

BAh7CWkKIgwzNjh4NTI3aQtsKwd3q7RQaQdpC2kIaQPw1wI.jpg
    I suppose you've got to pay for those lasers somehow!

I'm not sure how I am coping without it... :shock:

I suppose you've got to pay for those lasers somehow!