merthyr tydfil..above gethin woods

thedoctor46
thedoctor46 Posts: 33
edited December 2012 in MTB rides
Hi all will be riding the forestry above gethin woods on sunday 2nd and dropping down into cefn penner and cwmbach and back up the zig zags climb if any one fancies something different.Not a long loop about 12 miles but quite a lot of climbing with one loose rocky decent and plenty of single track with great views of the Merthyr and Cynon valleys ..can add and cut short depending on fitness levels..Meet in Heolgerrig..

Comments

• We went to gethin woods today and they have closed it until march '13 due to tree felling. If the rumours of this new track scheme are true then it's likely to be off limits until september or so next year.
    I don't know enough to make smart r's remarks about peoples choice of parts 'n' things, yet!
  • you can ride around the side mate and down the other way..was you downhilling ? theres loads of good riding around there if you know where to go ..
  • GJC
    GJC Posts: 198
    Gethin woods is closed due to tree felling due to disease being found in the trees, local paper reported it and all routes into gethin have been prohibited for a while. Me and couple of mates do routes around your area most sundays, can drop you a PM if you fancy it theDoctor46?

GJC
    Lapierre Spicy 316 2011
  • hi there yeah be good to hear from you ..I'm out tomorrow doing a loop up that way
  • GJC
    GJC Posts: 198
    Not out tomorrow have to do the festive santa trips with the kids. If you fancy coming out in our group some time drop me a PM, out every sunday doing different local routes

GJC
    Lapierre Spicy 316 2011
  • you can ride around the side mate and down the other way..was you downhilling ? theres loads of good riding around there if you know where to go ..

We were just looking for xc rides with a bit of dh fun here and there. When you say around the side, do you mean turn left up the lane instead of right into the car park?
    I don't know enough to make smart r's remarks about peoples choice of parts 'n' things, yet!