For our American forumites

OffTheBackAdam
OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
edited December 2012 in The bottom bracket
DUCK!

tora-tora-tora-original1.jpg
Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.

Comments

• DrKJM
    DrKJM Posts: 271
    In somewhat poor taste.
  • :D:lol::D:lol::D:lol::D:lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • DrKJM wrote:
    In somewhat poor taste.

Easy Tiger
    Easy Tiger
    Easy Tiger

:wink:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    What PS3 game is that then?
  • Didn't the Americans win at Pearl Harbour?
    Coffee is not my cup of tea

Moda Fresco track racer
    Kinesis Crosslight Pro 6 winter commuter
    Gunnar Hyper X
    Rocky Mountain ETSX
    Cannondale Scalpel 3000 (retro-bike in bits)
    Lemond Poprad Disc, now retired pending frame re-paint.
  • heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,076
    Christ. Imagine if an American had posted something similar on remembrance day a few weeks back. It would be about as funny as this post is. Ie. Not at all.
  • On the contrary. Memorial Day in the US, on the last Monday in May is the when the Americans remember the sacrifice of their war dead. They also have Veterans Day which is more for all those who served alive or dead, this is on the same day as our Armistice Day, 11th November and is quite a nice idea really and something that at long last we have taken up with Armed Forces Day.

This post is a bit more like all those jokes about the Germans, Poland and Basil Fawlty.

Moda Fresco track racer
    Gunnar Hyper X
    Rocky Mountain ETSX
  • Anyway, I think the Americans already trivialised the whole thing more than BR forumites could ever do when Obama compared the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico to the Japanese bombing Pearl Harbour.

Moda Fresco track racer
    Gunnar Hyper X
    Rocky Mountain ETSX
  • Poor taste!!!
  • heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,076
    It's not the poor taste i object to so much. It's just not funny. Like hale and pace.
  • I thought it was funny - builds up expectation with polite grammar then shatters it with a DUCK.

Also funny, my niece was by me when I was reading this today and she though OTBA was Anthony Wiggle of the Wiggles :lol:
  • jgsi
    Nobody replied so found out I can 'play' with the bombing of Pearl Harbor on my Xbox....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7J9TkttPkI

now what was that again about 'taste'?
  • DrKJM
    DrKJM Posts: 271
    JGSI wrote:
    Nobody replied so found out I can 'play' with the bombing of Pearl Harbor on my Xbox....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7J9TkttPkI

now what was that again about 'taste'?

Nobody said that every computer game was in the best taste did they? Let's remember they are mainly aimed at adolescent boys.
  • jgsi
    I know.. but behind the game and the profit motive are not adolescent boys, so I really cannot see how OTBA overstepped the mark here to 'upset' you...anyways enough is enough on this.
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    Very poor taste and, as noted above, neither funny nor clever
  • crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    edited December 2012
    What a wonderful post. I'm American. Complete tasteless drivel. With as many as 20 million killed by the Japanese and only a hundred thousand being Americans perhaps you'de get a bigger laugh addressing the Chinese forumites or show this post to a British Vet who fought the Japanese in WW2.
  • Well, it's been a week for bad taste aint it..? oi any Aussies care to make a call --- ring ring ring ..??
    My pen won't write on the screen
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Didn't the Americans win at Pearl Harbour?

Battle of Britain.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Ben6899 wrote:

Battle of Britain.
    Nah.
    That was the Poles.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    daviesee wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:

Battle of Britain.
    Nah.
    That was the Poles.
    North Pole or South Pole?
  • DUCK!

tora-tora-tora-original1.jpg

Not a Duck-they are planes although they both are able to fly.
  • The thing about a Mitsubishi Zero on a pond is you never get the impression as to how hard the wheels are working under the surface.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • As a friend of mine remarked this morning, "it's a bit Pearl Harbour" - when I looked baffled (a common expression on my part) he elaborated: "there's a Nip in the air" :roll:

I agree with our Colonial Cousin - bad form old boy. Perhaps you could post something equally tasteful - maybe some Heinkel 111's cheerily overflying a big bonfire.
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • Akirasho
    Akirasho Posts: 1,892
    ... it's all good... I've even owned a Japanese and German car and have one of the weirdiest forum names here... :roll: :mrgreen:
  • Akirasho wrote:
    ... it's all good... I've even owned a Japanese and German car and have one of the weirdiest forum names here... :roll: :mrgreen:

That makes you a fifth corrumist. :lol:
  • my german teacher used to fly Junkers 88's in the war. His concession to post war peace in the 1970's was to fly gliders only. I s'pose its because the had a reduced bomb payload.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Mitsubishi's marketing boys didn't seem to be too worried about re-using the brand name on one of their cars a few years back.
    $(KGrHqF,!k0E9Oq3TgkmBPoClZKn!g~~60_35.JPG
    Unsurprisingly it wasn't sold in the US :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • A post in The Bottom Bracket criticised for lack of taste? :shock: :shock: :shock:
    So, by special request!
    5436914880_3ece2c5b0b_z.jpg
    DUCK
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • The thing about a Mitsubishi Zero on a pond is you never get the impression as to how hard the wheels are working under the surface.

Err...aren't the planes depicted the Aichi dive bomber (Allies reporting name "Val")?

I'm ashamed I know this. I would get out more but it's so flipping cold. :oops:
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Correct! The front two are "Harvards/Texans" converted to resembled the Aichi D3A "Val". Mitsubishi A6M Zeros are the ones in the background.