giant tcr advanced sl on ebay

kenpot
kenpot Posts: 44
edited February 2013 in Road stolen
Where do you start about how wrong this advert is.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Giant-TCR-SL- ... 2a26af650c

If this is legit my name is roberto monkhouse.
Giant TCR Advanced SL- rocket.
Planext X SL Pro Carbon - commuter rocket.
Pinarello Sestriere - retro rocket.

Comments

• Giz a clue, how do you know it's stolen? Looked at it for a few moments and still haven't cottoned on.
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • ravey1981
    ravey1981 Posts: 1,111
    Not the most informative advert ever, but i reckon its legit. Although the bit about "putting the seat way down" seems a bit odd for a high end frame... anyone in the market for such a frame would know to get the right size....
  • kenpot
    1. Tcr advance? No. Advanced.
    2. Full carbon road frame. No need to describe it as that, we've seen them on the tour de france etc.
    3. Geometry for bikes easily available, no need for the 'about 56cm'.
    4. 40cm bars on 575mm toptube bike, rider must be skinny.
    5. £1400 brand new. Er, try £2500. This is obviously not an sl.
    6. Its an sl 2 is it? Er, 2 is the spec i.e. groupset, wheels and finishing kit.
    7. £650 just give me a call. Lol this truly is a bargain.

Hope that's answered your q's.
  • Still not convinced. If you have ever ridden at a sportive and seen some riders on VERY expensive bikes trying to work out how to put on their quick release wheels you'll know what I mean. I haven't a clue about Giant bikes so don't know what is the top of the range, just know Defy is at the lower end :-) My mates girlfriend has a BMW 3 convertable £40k car and when asked if it was petrol or diesel when she bought, genuinely hadn't a clue...was that stolen?

Your point 5 is probably the most convincing evidence. All the rest is just signs that the seller might have bought it and given up or just doesn't care. However, the chap does have a lot of feedback, whereas thieves usually (or tend to) have only a few so as to disappear quickly and not be traced.
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • kenpot
    You're probably right. Saying that, it's better to be safe than sorry! I would say to anyone reading this thread to always draw attention to anything that looks suspicious. I'd rather annoy an ebayer than let a potentially stolen bike get sold without doing anything about it.
  • kenpot wrote:
    You're probably right. Saying that, it's better to be safe than sorry! I would say to anyone reading this thread to always draw attention to anything that looks suspicious. I'd rather annoy an ebayer than let a potentially stolen bike get sold without doing anything about it.

I have had over £700 stolen from my car in the last 10 years so I know the pain and anger of theft. I hate thieves more then Govn cuts. I've probably responded to your thread because it has hit me hard and has had me thinking about it for years rather then just a few days or posts. I hope you don't think I'm getting at you, kenpot, I really do appreciate your posting and I wish there was more guys like you to alert to "protential" stolen bikes. :-) Have fun.
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • kenpot
    I'll send you the links in future and see what you think before i name and shame! I love cycling and hate thieves so its nice to post here. Apologies to anyone i've incorrectly flagged up!! My intentions were good.
  • KENPOT can you email me a few pics of the mavic wheels. It isnt letting me private message as i have done enough on this site. My email is markrecky1@gmail.com