I am tired.

willhub
willhub Posts: 821
edited December 2012 in The bottom bracket
Getting up at 6:30am and going to sleep at 12am has being an apocalyptic disaster on my body clock, I have to have a 30 minute nap at around 12pm then I am fine.

My bicycle weighs almost 30kg and I need to pull it up Bury New Rd every day, and I stupidly left the pannier on and went for a 40 mile ride to Alderly Edge and back, got a puncture near the Crimbo Market, legs feel wrecked, only done 110 miles on it in total this week.

Comments

• nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Rule # 5.Whats your point?
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • willhub
    My point is I'm tired.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    givafuckometer.jpg
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    Thanks for sharing.
    Have an early night.

(a fekkin 30 min nap in the afternoon, you're HOW old?) :?
  • willhub
    Why do you not all care, I care how you all slept, what you had for tea and what you did last night, and what you are doing now, and what you are wearing now. Yes.
  • willhub wrote:
    Why do you not all care, I care how you all slept, what you had for tea and what you did last night, and what you are doing now, and what you are wearing now. Yes.

watching peoples actions through their windows is closer to stalking than caring :wink:
  • Isn't this what those who've never used it think Twitter is for? ;)
  • lucan
    lucan Posts: 339
    I don't wish to appear a pedant, but the OP doesn't make sense as there is no such thing as 12am nor 12pm.
    Summer: Kuota Kebel
    Winter: GT Series3
  • willhub
    You are wrong.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    There are no standards established for the meaning of 12 a.m. and 12 p.m. It is often said that 12 a.m. Monday is midnight on Monday morning and 12 p.m. is mid-day. This puts all the times beginning with 12 and ending with a.m. in the same one-hour block, similarly with those ending with p.m. It can also be argued that by the time you have seen a clock showing 12:00 at mid-day it is already post meridiem, and similarly at midnight it is already ante meridiem. Times in the first hour of the day are sometimes given as, for example, 00:47 a.m., with 00:00 a.m. corresponding to midnight, but with a time twelve hours later given as 12:47 p.m.

Another convention sometimes used is that, since 12 noon is by definition neither ante meridiem nor post meridiem, then 12 a.m. refers to midnight at the start of the specified day (00:00) and 12 p.m. to midnight at the end of that day (24:00). Given this ambiguity, the terms 12 a.m. and 12 p.m. should be avoided.

That's why you are tired Will.

Pedant arbiter :roll:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • lucan
    lucan Posts: 339
    That's what I meant - his post was confusing due to his lack of precision. Besides which, he seems to be confusing this forum with facebook where people seem to actually give a $hit what you're thinking/eating/doing/etc. at any given moment.
    Summer: Kuota Kebel
    Winter: GT Series3
  • team47b wrote:
    There are no standards established for the meaning of 12 a.m. and 12 p.m. It is often said that 12 a.m. Monday is midnight on Monday morning and 12 p.m. is mid-day. This puts all the times beginning with 12 and ending with a.m. in the same one-hour block, similarly with those ending with p.m. It can also be argued that by the time you have seen a clock showing 12:00 at mid-day it is already post meridiem, and similarly at midnight it is already ante meridiem. Times in the first hour of the day are sometimes given as, for example, 00:47 a.m., with 00:00 a.m. corresponding to midnight, but with a time twelve hours later given as 12:47 p.m.

Another convention sometimes used is that, since 12 noon is by definition neither ante meridiem nor post meridiem, then 12 a.m. refers to midnight at the start of the specified day (00:00) and 12 p.m. to midnight at the end of that day (24:00). Given this ambiguity, the terms 12 a.m. and 12 p.m. should be avoided.

That's why you are tired Will.

I also prefer cut and paste to putting the link in, nice work Einstein
  • I'm eating toast.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    willhub wrote:
    Getting up at 6:30am and going to sleep at midnight
    most parents with small kids get this much sleep and often not in one stretch - it's probably the lack of sunlight cos it's dark most of the day
    willhub wrote:
    I need to pull it up Bury New Rd every day
    are you the guy who rides a white steel framed bike coming out of manchester in the mornings? I'm the bloke going in the other direction on the Dolan, I'll wave if I can but if I don't it's cos I'm preoccupied with avoiding death :)

clearing the unneccesary sh1te out of the bag and rationalising tools is a big bonus
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • willhub
    No.

I ride a red carrera with a pannier on the right side. I was setting off around 7:15- 7:30 going down Bury New Rd.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    willhub wrote:
    No.

I ride a red carrera with a pannier on the right side. I was setting off around 7:15- 7:30 going down Bury New Rd.

I didn't see you,

but then again, I was in Nottingham.

The older I get, the better I was.

• team47b
    wiffachip wrote:
    team47b wrote:

I also prefer cut and paste to putting the link in, nice work Einstein

yes, you do :wink:

Nice work, Einstein. | The Monroe Institute
    www.monroeinstitute.org/thehub/nice-work-einstein
  • willhub
    Capt Slog wrote:
    willhub wrote:
    No.

I didn't see you,

but then again, I was in Nottingham.

You'd not see me anyway, because I ride faster than the speed of light.
  • team47b
    but then your *mass would become infinite :shock:

*according to Einstein who did do some nice work
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    I am currently sucking a lollypop. If I began at 12pm in Massachusetts and continued for 12 hours and 17mins whilst pedalling at 89rpm on a 53/18 at which point would if start to give a sheeeite about this. I have been gone some time, but glad to see nothing has changed willhub is still a moaning barstard... :D
  • Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    team47b wrote:

Meridien please. Meridiem is latin for something like the god of the sea. Neptune that would be.
  • team47b
    ante Meridiem is the latin for before midday, Meridian is english, Meridien is a brand name of an hotel chain

Are you questioning my spelling or my pedantidnessness? :roll:
  • team47b wrote:
    ante Meridiem is the latin for before midday, Meridian is english, Meridien is a brand name of an hotel chain

Pedantry
  • Sod tired. I'm just fecking pissed off how quickly fitness disappears if you're inactive. 10 days off the bike with that bloody cold and I'm completely rubbish. 7 miles today, cold but lovely, not windy. Slow, though admittedly I'm not pushing hard while I'm still not quite 100%, but felt just as knackered as the last time I did 40. :evil:
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • Lagrange
    team47b wrote:

Spelling actually - either yours or mine. Your pedantry is acceptable.
  • Lagrange wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Spelling actually - either yours or mine. Your pedantry is acceptable.

Peasantry FFS!
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Lagrange
    Pleasantry actually.