Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    fish156 wrote:
    Looks grate :D

Someone had to say it :lol:
  • Ashually, I wood like to say that I like the hoods low, 'cos the headtube is 15mm higher than my old Trek.
  • 6.0kg, bang on, by the way.
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Ashually, I wood like to say that I like the hoods low, 'cos the headtube is 15mm higher than my old Trek.

That's fine :) As long as there is a reason for it :P

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • whats the issue with the bb cups. I have the same frame
  • metz007 wrote:
    whats the issue with the bb cups. I have the same frame

Well, Spesh have done a kind of recall that isn't a recall if you know what I mean.

There is a Delrin cup on each side of the BB and these hold the bearings. These cups are supposed to be a press fit into the frame.

But my RHS cup became loose and would just fall out when the (Spesh Sworks) crank was taken out. This caused play in the crankset.

At about this time, Spesh issued an instruction to the dealers to say that the cups should now be glued in with epoxy glue. My dealer sent me 2 new cups and a mini-pack of 2 part glue.

The new RHS cup was just as loose in the frame as the old one, which makes me worry that the frame's BB is a touch too large. Anyway, I glued in the new cup and it seems to have gone well, but it's all a bit of mash up by Spesh, not terribly impressive.

I've been assured that the cups CAN be removed if required, but they haven't actually said how....

And removing and changing the bearings is now harder that you cannot pop the cups out easily....

Shame, 'cos the frame's a cracker!
  • thanks for the reply. What a pain.

Mechanic at lbs built mine and never mentioned any issues but will have a chat with him.