Minimum post count for sellers?

moscowflyer
moscowflyer Posts: 540
In view of the two posters that have seemingly been ripped off in the classifieds, it makes me wonder why there isn't some sort of criteria set in order for people to be able to sell? Something like 30/60 days membership and/or 100+ posts would do the trick, it works well elsewhere.

Instead people are allowed to sign up and sell within minutes. I know it's buyer beware and all that but even so.

Comments

• rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,827
    Agreed, I think a minimum post count would be a lot more effective that new users that can't send PM's.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    There are disadvantages...

I'd just go into the 'your bikes' sections and post "nice bike" however many times
  • But then you can view their posting history and make up your own mind as to what sort of member they are.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    no you can not as adverts over 2 weeks old are deleted.

this is not a site for trading it is a place for users to get rid of kit that is no longer required.

how many people speak to the sellers? get an address? get a land line number? or check their details out on the interwebs?

treat everyone as a con person and you will be fine.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown