Rapha Grand Tour Shoes

MattC59
MattC59 Posts: 5,408
edited December 2012 in Road buying advice
Anyone tried them, as it's nearly Christmas, I feel like treating myself :D
Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved

Comments

• mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    I tried them - they were a little too big for me and I sent them back as they didn't have the right size. They are "very" nice, the early models apparently had some issues with the leather not coping with being ridden in all conditions every day - I believe that is sorted now.

They do look and feel nice in the flesh too. Sized 1/2 a size bigger than Shimano - I am a 44 in Shimano and would be a 43.5 in Rapha. Lots of people when they ordered them originally ordered 2 sizes to make sure they got the right fit and sent back the "wrong" size.
  • ajb72
    ajb72 Posts: 1,178
    My regular riding buddy has a pair and has been delighted with them, comfy and plenty stiff enough etc. I think he has sleepless nights about scuffing the lea the rand keeping them white! They do look very handsome in the flesh, and have a high quality look to them.

If you can afford it I'm sure you'll be delighted.
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,823
    Just get a pair of Giro Factors. Basically the same shoe and save yourself plenty of ££££.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Not really true though is it. Same sole - but then its the same sole as the prolight which retails at £250. Totally different "uppers" - personally I'm a bit in love with the Empires: http://www.giro.com/us_en/empire.html but they are only going to be available in v limited colours in the UK.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Yeah...... Ummmmm....... Might have to wait a while, went shopping today and spent £800 on a camera and £600 on two paintings :oops:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved