Scumbag bike shops

AndyRubio
AndyRubio Posts: 880
edited December 2012 in The cake stop
Spamming in pre-Christmas desperation, despite my never EVER giving permission to send me unsolicted emails.

Fortunately my fave bike shop hasn't done it.

Comments

• carrock
    carrock Posts: 1,103
    although good deals about- like a £6000 TT bike for £500- thats 92% off

http://www.thebikefactory.co.uk/product ... ctid=63549
  • Damn, that would be worth buying just for the groupset. The rest could go on ebay :-)
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • carrock wrote:
    although good deals about- like a £6000 TT bike for £500- thats 92% off

http://www.thebikefactory.co.uk/product ... ctid=63549

WTH is going on there, cant be real surely?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Misprint. Meant to be 4999.99. Almost bought it!
  • carrock
    carrock Posts: 1,103
    presumably a misprint but I added it to my basket and it still lists it as £499.

Although they have a clause designed to nullify any mistakes on the online shop as follows:- We reserve the right to make changes to any product information contained on this site at any time without notice.

Bugger.
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    I thought the law was, if its a misprint the product is still is sold at the misprint price.

I've noticed that online store has changed the price back to £5000. Shame as I would have bought it for the SRAM Red.

Everyday I hope my local petrol station puts the decimal point in the wrong place.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • sev112
    sev112 Posts: 99
    No that's not the case - you have the opportunity to offer to buy the product at that price but they always have the opportunity to say no. An advertised sign is purely an "invitation to treat" . They are not allowed to deliberately mislead you, but they are in fact protected from mistakes
  • fish156
    fish156 Posts: 496
    Its what the E&OE is for at the bottom of adverts - "Errors and Omissions Excepted". The shop would consider this case an "error".