after coming of a bike

325Simon
325Simon Posts: 3
edited November 2012 in Road beginners
A Couple of weeks ago i came of my road bike a Trek 1.5. No issues the back wheel went on slick mud down lanes sending me sprawling. The bike is ok. Went for a ride today and i could feel or seem to feel every bump in the road and i found myself take extra care on corners.

I am assuming this is psycological and will soon pass i hope

Comments

• You fall off your bike, and amazingly escape injury to yourself and also damage to the bike (phew!!!)

Then you find you're more aware of the dangers and now take more care.

Not that I'm an expert, but I would say this is totally normal.

I become more aware and take more care after even reading about this sort of thing!!
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • Normal for me to be wary. Usually passes after a few hours riding if the conditions are good, but remains with me for the whole ride if the roads are damp. I also love MTB, so I'm used to mud, but even after 30+ years on roads I still treat wet roads with great respect. The next problem with this time of year is unexpected potholes that suddenly develop on a regular route.
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • The next problem with this time of year is unexpected potholes that suddenly develop on a regular route.

I found one on my route the other day that used to just be a tiny dip. It's parallel to some bollards that are in the middle of the road so if there is a car along side you it's usually quite close and there is no chance of avoiding the hole. I hit it with such force that it snapped one of the zip ties that was holding on my rear mudguard. :evil:
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    It,s normal to be wary for a while.I,ve just started after an off and i am very wary still.It is getting better so just keep going.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    After I got knocked off it took a few weeks to get back to normal, and I'm still very wary of the section of road where it happened. Don't worry, it will fade slowly with time.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    After a few accidents it loses its novelty and you just get back on and keep riding. You do if you fall off as much as me, anyway.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • The bike seems okay ive checked it over no cracks etc, however i needed a new helmet after hitting the back of my head on the tarmac. I dare say the worries will soon go and i'll be back to zipping down hills trying to beat my previous best.

Simon
  • jagx400
    jagx400 Posts: 132
    Done the same the other week, I am really careful now, worried I may come off again. I suppose it will take time for my confidence to return