Fork and Shock servicing

stalkedtoast
stalkedtoast Posts: 48
edited November 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Should I really be servicing my suspension every 12 months? Seems expensive out lay. Having said that Im no techy so (despite what people say) I know I can't do it myself, my past attempts has only seen me taking it to the LBS in bits :( My forks and shock haven't been touched for 4 years and they run as smooth as the day I got them, so should I be tweaking them at all, or am I setting myself up for catastrophic failure and big expensive repair bill for not maintaining them?

Also my rear shock is a Scott Equaliser 2, It appears that Evans cycles seem to be the only place that will service them, anyone know of anywhere else that can do them as Im not overly enthusiastic with Evans' servicing from past experience.

Thanks

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Evans won't service them, they'll send them away. Probably Mojo.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • yes,

Think how active your fork is, think of the conditions you stuff it through. And think how can any seal stop all that for very long? learn to do basic seal changes and oil changes your self.
  • dusk
    dusk Posts: 583
    you might think they feel as smooth as the day you got them but that's probably because they slowly lose performance so you'd never notice
    YT Wicked 160 ltd
    Cotic BFe
    DMR Trailstar
    Canyon Roadlite
  • mattv
    mattv Posts: 992
    I think its only Scott who can service them. TF won't.