Cinelli Saetta - 2012

jasonowl
jasonowl Posts: 22
edited November 2012 in Your road bikes
Got this beauty from Wiggle... its is so much nicer in the flesh.. and beyond my expectations for the price.

Haven't open the box with the original wheels (RS10)... but I just had to fit on my C50s to see how they would look.
The shape and "flow" of this bike is really stunning.... makes you just wanna get on it and spin...

I'm waiting for my Swissstop GHPs brake pads to arrive and going to fit them on the bike. That's probably the only upgrade for now.. ;)

Here are some pics... took it late at night.. will try to get some better pics uploaded.

photo26111285317pm.jpg

photo26111285350pm.jpg

photo26111285500pm.jpg

photo26111285419pm.jpg

photo26111285446pm.jpg

photo26111285610pm.jpg

Comments

• galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    You've gotta be happy with that !
    Nearly ordered the all blue version yesterday (frame and forks only) from Planet X but went for the Deda Scuro RS and now you've got me thinking ....

Enjoy
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    what a stunner...nice one
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    looks superb... nice one
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Yep, that looks stunning. Had more or else decided to get the 2013 frame and swap the bits ver from my Roubaix, but I do like that red - looks great! The 2013 frame looks a bit boring in black by comparison :(
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • Question, do you live in a lft and how many floors will it go up to?
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Question, do you live in a lft and how many floors will it go up to?

Exactly what I was thinking. Maybe he keeps it in a safe on the 148th floor of a high-security building just for peace of mind ;)

By the way - I like that bike.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • Those sliver looking panels, are actually shoe cabinets... ;)
    That whole area is actually just outside my living room door... its like a "lobby" .. hahahaha

Can't stop looking at the bike.. had to take a peek at it.. before heading off for work today.... :mrgreen:
  • This bike looks superb, it's not often I say it but there's nothing on here I would change atheistically, I love the finnishing kit and everything.
    Cipollini Bond
    Pinarello GAN
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    will post some decent photos of my blue saetta soon....
  • That is very, very nice indeed - enjoy.
    Giant Contend SL 2 Disc
    Giant Defy 3 Adv 2018
    "I brake for cake!"
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    It looks great with the Dura Ace C50 wheels.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Pretty bike, would look prettier if it had Campag on it :D

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Ahhhh Yes... I'd probably get to doing that someday...!
    SecretSam wrote:
    Pretty bike, would look prettier if it had Campag on it :D
  • Stunning
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    Galatzo wrote:
    You've gotta be happy with that !
    Nearly ordered the all blue version yesterday (frame and forks only) from Planet X but went for the Deda Scuro RS and now you've got me thinking ....

Enjoy

Just bought the all (well mostly) blue version, took the Scuro RS back.
    Chorus, Mavic Ksyrium SR, Ritchey WCS carbon curve bars, C260 stem and WCS wet black post and Fizik Arione cx braided world champ black saddle.... should be done tomorrow.

The below are a few examples of the blue version
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcosio/6348622659/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/73064213@N ... otostream/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/eastriverc ... 810507119/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/eastriverc ... 810507119/

Weighed the frame at Planet-X and 1050gr for a small with rear mech hanger, front mech hanger and seat post collar. Very impressed as manufacturers often quote bare unpainted weights. Fork was 390gr and will obviously be cut down some so all in all looking good. I reckon it's gonna be 7.2kg with Time RXS carbon pedals on :D

Like the op's bike it doesn't say it's the sprint version but it has the correct full carbon fork and steerer, the weight is right and I've not seen the standard Saetta in these red or blue colourways (they are predominantly white).

Can't wait :D
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.