Dutch riders dont dope

frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited November 2012 in Pro race

Faced by the blunt question: “Did you use drugs?"; all the Dutch riders who were professionals between 1998 and 2005 and responded, said no

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/dutch-r ... -questions
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• That proves that then. Thread over. I am quite relieved though. Its good to see there is at least one cycling nation that rides clean and importantly has always ridden clean. Has anyone told Rabobank?
  • Some of the comments in this are brilliant.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    edited November 2012
    What's also bizarre is that the paper's approach seems to have consisted of cold calling each rider.

'Good afternoon. Horrible weather, isnt it. Did you use drugs?'

:shock: :shock:

Presumably they couldnt get hold of Jeroen Blijlevens and Miquel van Kessel because they were both out doing the weekly family shop.

Am quite taken with the 'there must have been something in that peanut butter' response.

Assuming this is satire. No? Oh.

Faced by the blunt question: “Did you use drugs?"; all the Dutch riders who were professionals between 1998 and 2005 and responded, said no

They asked every single Dutch pro between 1998 and 2005? That must have taken ages!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent

They asked every single Dutch pro between 1998 and 2005? That must have taken ages!

Helluva phone bill.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    The police should do this: "Hello Mr Capone, sorry to bother you, I was wondering if you have committed any crimes? No. Ok. Thank you for your time"
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    edited November 2012
    I'm sure they were not expecting a whole load of confessions, more juicy quotes. And they got some.
    Bruinsma's response is pretty clear.
  • FJS wrote:
    I'm sure they were not expecting a whole load of confessions, more juicy quotes. And they got some.

He certainly didnt mince his words...
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,229
    FJS wrote:

Met many Dutch people?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    FJS wrote:

Met many Dutch people?

:lol:
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    edited November 2012
    FJS wrote:

Met many Dutch people?

Mainly when hammered :). But I certainly havent tried to salsa with them as per ddraver. Yet.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    In the actual AD article they cover a lot more riders than Cyclingnews summarises. I think some of the answers of lower-ranking pros who were on the scene only a few years as domestiques are interesting - a number say that they would have taken drugs if they would have had the opportunity/cash/talent.
    Gerben Lowik: "No, I didn't dope, and that's why I now work in a furniture store"

Davy Dubbeldam (TVM) pretty much confesses BTW
  • FJS wrote:
    In the actual AD article they cover a lot more riders than Cyclingnews summarises. I think some of the answers of lower-ranking pros who were on the scene only a few years as domestiques are interesting - a number say that they would have taken drugs if they would have had the opportunity/cash/talent.
    Gerben Lowik: "No, I didn't dope, and that's why I now work in a furniture store"

Lordy :shock:

I now have this vision of a newspaper in every country taking up this cold-calling approach. Except Spain of course.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,229
    FJS wrote:

Lordy :shock:

I now have this vision of a newspaper in every country taking up this cold-calling approach. Except Spain of course.

May I suggest you're not well suited to the world of headhunting.
  • You may, Rick. Thank goodness I've never had to go down that dark road.... :)
  • I think the "and responded" bit hasn't been emphasized enough.
  • I don't think it is blunt as such, just as others have said, Dutch, or at least a North Holland thing.

Looking at the original articles I'm quite disappointed they didn't get at least one rot op, or maybe they did and they edited it out, can you believe anything anymore? Journalistic standards, pffft. :wink:

Anyway they'd have got one from me, I hate cold callers probably more than I hate dopers, it certainly has caused me more actual annoyance over the years. :evil:
    Correlation is not causation.