24 hour solo events...

miss notax
miss notax Posts: 2,572
edited November 2012 in XC and Enduro
I have been having strange and scary thoughts about doing a solo 24 hour event next year :shock:

I like 'challenges' and quite fancy doing this as a fundraising thing for Macmillan (very close to my heart at the moment :( ) - but don't know actually how realistic it is! I'm reasonably fit and bloody determined, but just a normal rider as opposed to some lycra clad fitty :?

Anyone any experiences of doing the Mountain Mayhem or similar as a solo rider? I guess you really DO need a support team. Is it fun (with hindsight) or a just truly awful experience?!

I would be interested to hear peoples views / experiences before I go off on one and actually commit to something!

Cheers :D
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc

Comments

• camerauk
    camerauk Posts: 1,000
    Have you done a 12hr event before?
    It maybe worth trying one of those first
    I would say you would need a support crew really as 24hours is a long time and would be nice to have a warm drink/food waiting for you when you stop in the pit area
    Specialized Camber Expert
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Support helps, but isn't essential. Particularly useful if it's wet - can clean one bike while you ride t'other etc.

Trouble with Mayhem will be boredom, I'd rather do 24/12 or something that's a more interesting course. That said I did a 12 hour at 24/12 in 2009 and found it tortuously dull.
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    40psi.wordpress.com

talk to Jase, he's done lots of this stuff and is a top guy
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight