Is it me or is Shane Sutton a tw4t ?

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,196
edited December 2012 in The bottom bracket
Anyone watch the Wiggo documentary on the Murdoch Super dodgy expensive information network sports channel ?

I remember S Sutton when he was racing in the domestic scene in the UK - oh and his Adolf top lip 'tache. He was a tw4t then and I don't think he raced much if at all on the continent. So how did he end up as Wiggo's trainer ?

Maybe Wiggo has to pedal hard to try to get away from the fokker, therein lies the reason.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Is it me or is Shane Sutton a tw4t ?
    You forgot to put the voting buttons for the two options at the top ;-)
  • Nope it's most definitely you.
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    He's good enough to have been asked by Wiggo to coach him, and Wiggo's results speak for themselves.

Yeah, what a twat.... :roll:
  • Is SS the guy who was always on Cavs case for not "hitting his numbers" on the test rig?

I can't recall but I'm sure it was Cavs bug bear in his boy racer autobiography.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Nope it's most definitely you.

This.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Is SS the guy who was always on Cavs case for not "hitting his numbers" on the test rig?

I can't recall but I'm sure it was Cavs bug bear in his boy racer autobiography.
    If I could find the kindle I would verify it. I don't think it is though
  • Is SS the guy who was always on Cavs case for not "hitting his numbers" on the test rig?

I thought it was Illingworth?
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    Is SS the guy who was always on Cavs case for not "hitting his numbers" on the test rig?

This was before. He worked with Rod at SKY

This was before. He worked with Rod at SKY

The same guy who made him cry whilst climbing and told him not to put sauce on his pasta?

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    Must find the kindle!

Edit: Simon Jones http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/ju ... imon-jones
  • Well he is Australian which is close enough in my unquestionable opinion to being a tw@t
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • pinno
    Well he is Australian which is close enough in my unquestionable opinion to being a tw@t

Totally agree with your unquestionable opinion. Did you see the big ozzie jesse (current Aus. captian) crying at the thought of the impending retirement of Ricky Ponting ? That lot have gone all soft.
    An Australian bloke crying, bloody cupcakes (waaaaaaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah we didn't beat the poms waaaaaaaaaaaaah ?! Its the end of the world as we know it.
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    They need a visit from Chopper Reid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EY7lYRneHc
  • Well he is Australian which is close enough in my unquestionable opinion to being a tw@t

Totally agree with your unquestionable opinion. Did you see the big ozzie jesse (current Aus. captian) crying at the thought of the impending retirement of Ricky Ponting ? That lot have gone all soft.
    An Australian bloke crying, bloody cupcakes (waaaaaaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah we didn't beat the poms waaaaaaaaaaaaah ?! Its the end of the world as we know it.

Ricky Ponting, now there is a 24 carat gold tw@t with a face like a slapped @rse.

Skippy was the last credible Australian (as well as Chopper Reid of course)
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    _41775822_heypresto_416.jpg

:?: :?:
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    He's a tough b***ard but a top bloke, I had the 'pleasure' of doing a few rides under his watchful eye when he was the Welsh coach. Why does the fact he didn't race much on the continent suggest he shouldn't be coaching Wiggins? He might not be great at doing the comforting arm around the shoulder routine but he's bloody good at his job.
  • pinno
    Pross wrote:
    He's a tough b***ard but a top bloke, I had the 'pleasure' of doing a few rides under his watchful eye when he was the Welsh coach. Why does the fact he didn't race much on the continent suggest he shouldn't be coaching Wiggins? He might not be great at doing the comforting arm around the shoulder routine but he's bloody good at his job.

Thats easy ya twat:

I'll lean out of the car and shout stuff at you. Stuff like this:

"Go faster you friggin poofta pommy boy"
    "Yer backs hurtin' ? Thats what its for, pedal, pedal, pedal"
    "Whats the matter with you, its only a 25% gradient, you should be in the big ring doing 150rpm ya bloody cup cake..."
    etc etc.
    See, i've no continental pedigree (although I did a race in England once or twice) and based on what I can shout at you as you can see, i'm a real tough basteward too. So there. :P
  • Pross wrote:

Sid Barras battered him once, true fact.

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Pross wrote:

Sid Barras battered him once, true fact.

With a cold parmo*

*possibly not true
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • pinno
    I'm not letting this slip off into page 2. Sorry.