KMC X10SL Gold chain
6.8kg

$(KGrHqFHJEwFClg36mmTBQrTPGd55!~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16JHJHQE9nzEyPINBQrTULgjCQ~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqVHJCsFChZ9Kf13BQrTUQbG)w~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqFHJFIFCOPgddwOBQrTUS6k7w~~60_57.JPG

Comments

• Thanks

Do you think it would look/be better with the full set of FSA parts I have?

When I built the bike I used an FSA stem and carbon bar. Later on I changed stem length to 120mm and changed to the Deda Zero bar and stem combo.

I do like the original look when everything was matching though. Dunno if it matters?

FSA-OS115 stem:

IMG_0807.jpg

FSA K-Force Carbon bar:

$(KGrHqZ,!lIE9SPyh-8zBPjf6MFvuw~~60_57.JPG
  • ed_j
    ed_j Posts: 335
    Use the combo that fits best. If it's the deda stem and the FSA bar, use that! On my bike I have an FSA stem and KORE handlebars as I needed a -17 120mm stem, and I like the feel of the KORE bars.

Definitely getting a gold chain when my current one wears out though.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Looks great, which year is it?
  • Hi I built the bike up in March 2008. Initially with Ultegra then I upgraded to Dura-Ace later on when I bought an alloy TCR frame to use as a training / commuting / bad weather / turbo bike. But the frame is the 2007-2008 model. The model before was the Jan Ullrich / T-Mobile one. The model after is current design with the really oversized headtube.
  • Ed J wrote:
    Use the combo that fits best. If it's the deda stem and the FSA bar, use that! On my bike I have an FSA stem and KORE handlebars as I needed a -17 120mm stem, and I like the feel of the KORE bars.

Definitely getting a gold chain when my current one wears out though.

I think the stiffness of the FSA and Deda stems are very similar. Same angle I think.

The handlebars are where the big difference lies. The FSA K-Force carbon bar is not at all flexy (say compared to an Easton bar), but it does noticeably reduce road vibrations. It's just fantastic for comfort. The Deda bar is very stiff. If you want to race and sprint or like to use the drops aggressively it might be the better bar. The shape is similar as both are shallow drop.

I think I prefer the FSA carbon bar, but the Deda stem. Having said that the machining on the FSA stem looks very cool in my opinion. I have a Deda carbon post as well, so maybe I should put that on as it's the quickest way to make everything match aesthetically.

The gold chain looks a bit bling when it's brand new (I just put it on the bike new so that one is unridden yet). The gold colour is less bright of course once your chain lube has been on there for a bit, picking up exhaust fumes, dust and dirt. Those chains are good though as the coating helps lubricate the chain, so you can use a lighter lube like a teflon one and it still feels very smooth, but far less dirt particles stick to the chain, helping keep your drivetrain good for longer. I think it helps a bit there.