Cure for trivial things that annoy you

Ron Stuart
Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
edited November 2012 in The cake stop
As the thread relating to this is now into page 21 maybe it's time to think about a possible cure for the above annoyances, any ideas :?:

Comments

• finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Go and live on a desert island.
  • Cubic
    Cubic Posts: 594
    johnfinch wrote:
    Go and live on a desert island.

Wouldn't work. Getting sand in your speedos is too annoying.....

What about nerve gas??
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    The cure is simple - just live your lives according to my rules, foibles & quirks. And get an aptitude for mind-reading when it changes for no obvious reason.

Live life how I expect it to work and you won't go far wrong, except that you'll upset the rest of the world, who might see things differently (i.e. wrongly).

Sorted.
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    I have always liked this poem. A bit of an antidote to the modern world. Although it doesn't rhyme......which is annoying :wink:

http://allpoetry.com/poem/8574007-Desid ... ax_Ehrmann
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Perhaps go and live somewhere that people have real problems for a while?
  • Cubic
    Cubic Posts: 594
    CiB wrote:
    The cure is simple - just live your lives according to my rules, foibles & quirks. And get an aptitude for mind-reading when it changes for no obvious reason.

Live life how I expect it to work and you won't go far wrong, except that you'll upset the rest of the world, who might see things differently (i.e. wrongly).

Sorted.

Are you my girlfriend?
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    No, he's my wife.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I'm not my wife. She asks me questions to which she already has an answer, then gives me the correct answer after I've provided a different one. Why ask in the first place? Put that one in trivial annoyances.
  • Ooooooh!
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    CiB wrote:
    I'm not my wife. She asks me questions to which she already has an answer, then gives me the correct answer after I've provided a different one. Why ask in the first place? Put that one in trivial annoyances.

Know what you mean mate but were looking for cures here :P

So far and much to my surprise it's 'bompington' that has struck the same cord as myself, maybe a month on the Gaza strip or a spell in Rwanda might just help balance priorities a little :wink:
    I spent just a fortnight surveying a Russian Petrochemical works some twenty years ago near a place called Yaraslavl and I was so pleased to enter the Irish Bar at Moscow Airport on the way home it was untrue.
    I had been staying in the best Hotel there and was entertained each night by the sound of nomad kids breaking up firewood to stay warm outside :!:
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    A cure for anyone annoyed by yobs who spit in the street is to ask the occasional one 'aw bless, don't like the taste of sp*nk then?' (note, Ive tried this a few times and they do get aggressive and ratty cos they're invariably incredibly homophobic)... always makes me smile just to think that's why they're spitting when I see them doing it.