Which full susser?

miss notax
miss notax Posts: 2,572
edited November 2012 in MTB buying advice
Alas, sadly not for me this time.... :( Although I ONLY have three so surely there's always room for another one..... :wink:

This is for a (female) friend who's after a good capable all-round full susser for xc and general trail riding, plus the odd more hardcore adventure abroad. Not too heavy. Basically like my 5. I am thinking about 140mm travel front and rear - but have no idea about brands etc. It will need to be a secondhand purchase as on a very tight budget.

So. An old 5 / heckler (might just be affordable). Stumpjumper? I kind of run out of ideas here.....

I'm happy with hunting for a good spec etc, it's literally what frame's to look at which is foxing me!

Thanks for any help guys!! :D
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc

Comments

• bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    What is the very tight budget?

You may still be able to get a specialized pitch for around a grand or less or something like a meta 5.5 for even less.

Both 140 front, pitch 150mm rear, meta 140mm rear.
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Thanks - will have a look at those. Budget is probably £800ish... (under £1k at any rate) :D
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Hi, I recently picked up a 2011 pitch pro, absolutely mint condition, really looked like it never been ridden for £800 it can be done!
  • *comp, dont even know what bike I have
    :(
  • hainman
    hainman Posts: 699
    Would she be interested in the Rockrider9.1 i know its not 140 travel but still a great bike for the money and has warranty for 5 years on frame and 2yrs on parts.
    I have one and its a superb bike,done loads of xc and been to GT and Inners with it,Every time i stop to admire someones more expensive bike they always comment on mine.
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    How about a Giant Reign? 150mm front & rear, nice & aggressive geometry and rear suspension which works well for climbing and battering through rock gardens.
  • tarbot18
    tarbot18 Posts: 531
    If its for xc and trail centre stuff why not go for a 120mm bike ? more choice lighter etc plus loads of giant trance s out there for a good price.
    The family that rides together stays together !

Boardman Comp 29er 2013

Whyte T129s 2014 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12965414&p=18823801&hilit=whyte+t129s#p18823801

Road Scott speedster s50 2011
  • Lapierre Zesty - love my 714, but it just has to go :cry: to make room in the garage for the 914 that santa will be bringing :D