UPDATED! Peugeot Premiere Carbolite 103

declan1
declan1 Posts: 2,470
edited November 2012 in Your road bikes
So many upgrades, it requires a new thread. Here is the bike, found in a skip, refurbished, and now upgraded. All original components have been polished endlessly with Brasso (calipers, levers, wheel, hubs etc).

Please see video below for more information :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXRJLWyFg_E&feature=plcp

Some pictures!

Bike.jpg

Crank2.jpg

Crank.jpg

Derailleur.jpg

Saddle.jpg

Tape.jpg

Caliper.jpg

Hub.jpg

Here's the old thread before it was upgraded:

viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12877182

Road - Dolan Preffisio
MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.

Comments

• hipshot
    hipshot Posts: 371
    Great work (and refurbing old road bikes is hard work).

A very pretty classic bike. Wheels look great. :D
  • ed_j
    ed_j Posts: 335
    Very nice, great build. One thing I'd change though would be the brooks saddle. They look and feel horrible in my opinion, stick a flite or a turbo or something on instead!
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Nice one...
  • Ed J wrote:
    Very nice, great build. One thing I'd change though would be the brooks saddle. They look and feel horrible in my opinion, stick a flite or a turbo or something on instead!

Shame your opinion is wrong...

to the OP: great job, it is a beautiful bike... and now you'll have to convert the carbon bike into a winter ride... 8)
    left the forum March 2023
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Ed J wrote:

to the OP: great job, it is a beautiful bike... and now you'll have to convert the carbon bike into a winter ride... 8)

Hehe :D No carbon in our garage. My main bike is Reynolds 531 (see sig).

Dad's going to get a cheapish aluminium bike for general riding and keep this for extra special occasions ;)

Thanks!

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • ed_j
    ed_j Posts: 335
    Ed J wrote:

Opinions can't be wrong, that's the whole point of opinions :wink: