Commuting on my Trek T10

littleprawn
littleprawn Posts: 135
edited November 2012 in Commuting chat
Morning all!

I did my virgin commute on my steel Trek T10 hybrid http://www.evanscycles.com/products/trek/t10-2011-hybrid-bike-ec001493 ! I started commuting by bike initially on my Cannondale CAADX105 in April this year and the extra 5kg seemed more work than I expected!!! :oops: :roll:

I thought the gearing might be more helpful but the inclines were definately more challenging. Part of the strugggle is getting use to the Trek and its gears and the way the bike works and the 'upright' position exposes you more to the wind :( .....

There are positives, it has mudguards (currently rubbing the tyres when rolling) which should be good this side of the season and the brakes are quite responsive. If anything, it enables me to be more cautious on the road!

I will continue on the Trek now for a this month up the Christmas and see how I fare.....
Cannondale CAADX 5 105
Trek T10

Comments

• mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    good on you

although try no to mention the word "hybrid" its like a swear word on here
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Yup - it is surprising what difference the weight makes - I found the same thing when I swapped my carbon Cayo for the aluminium Boardman CX Team. The tyres might be making a difference too. Again, when I then swapped the CX's tyres from Gatorskins to Marathon Winters, it got a whole lot slower.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH